Powerhead Placement Help

sjslanina1992

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and I want to say in advance thank you for any help given.
I have been struggling with powerhead placement in my new NUVO 150 EXT tank by Innovative Marine. The dimensions on the tank make it very unique if you are not familiar with it. It is about 4ft wide x 3 ft deep x about 20" tall. I'm running 2 octopulse 40 on it at about 30% power. The issue I'm running into is that I keep getting a bare spot in my sand bed and I haven't been able to fix it for 2 months now.

I have 1 powerhead on the left side in the back left corner and the other on the right side about middle orientated slightly up. I also have 4 bulkheads from the return pump facing the front

Also I've been cycling for over 2 months now. So please ignore the ugly stage haha

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tune your flow based on where you'll end up placing corals, not on how your sand is moved around. It's going to move, whether it's from flow or animals. It will move less once biofilm, organics and whatnot build up a little over time.

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Make sure they are about 6" from the water line. Turn them so they are not directly blasting the glass of rock work to prevent sand movement

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back