Powerhead placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter AC-130
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AC-130

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help with my power head placements. I can’t seem to find the correct placing to where there’s no dead/low flow spots in areas where I would like to place corals

Currently I have two STAYGROW WP-1000. When I place them on the sides, the places below them are almost stagnant. When I place them on the back wall, the middle is super low flow. I am currently in a dilemma on what I should do to get the perfect flow where it satisfies every part of the tank.

 
20260522_135531_BE90598D-B20E-4406-B2C6-FB4C9013DA0B.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new