Powerhead selection

Ryan34667

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I need some advice on my flow selection for my RSR250 54 gallon tank. It will be a softie/lps tank. I was originally going to grab 2 hydor koralia 1350's with controllers for the powerhead but apparently they don't make them anymore. The reviews for them were great and the price was right. Now I'm not sure what to go with. I was looking at the Tunze nanostream 6055s with controller and the Nero 5. I was considering the Jebao brand but the quality control makes me nervous. I'm not trying to break the bank with powerheads as of now being new to this. Some suggestions would be greatly appreciated

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I need some advice on my flow selection for my RSR250 54 gallon tank. It will be a softie/lps tank. I was originally going to grab 2 hydor koralia 1350's with controllers for the powerhead but apparently they don't make them anymore. The reviews for them were great and the price was right. Now I'm not sure what to go with. I was looking at the Tunze nanostream 6055s with controller and the Nero 5. I was considering the Jebao brand but the quality control makes me nervous. I'm not trying to break the bank with powerheads as of now being new to this. Some suggestions would be greatly appreciated
I recently got a Reef Octopus Octopulse 2 on my 425XL and I love it. Price is fair, it is silent, and has nice strong broad flow. Would be perfect for your 3 ft tank. You’ll probably find you might need to turn it down a bit. I have two Nero 3s paired with it on the back wall, but that’s just because I have it in a 4 ft mixed tank. I bet it would do a solid job on your tank even by itself.

OP
OP
R

Ryan34667

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update, I decided to roll the dice and went with 2 jebao slw-30s. For $80 a piece I couldn't say no. They seem low profile and I'll have em on low settings. If they blow up I'll prolly go with one of the others

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update, I decided to roll the dice and went with 2 jebao slw-30s. For $80 a piece I couldn't say no. They seem low profile and I'll have em on low settings. If they blow up I'll prolly go with one of the others
I have 4 SLW-5 that have been running great for a year now. One is getting a little loud but it could honestly use a cleaning because I'm really bad at keeping up with that

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of Jebaos that I use to add flow to dead areas supplementing Reefbreeders R-PM's and they've been running trouble free for 1.5 years. You'll probably be fine with your choice.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back