Powerhead Stirring Saltwater Mix Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Guns286
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Guns286

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2022
Messages
97
Reaction score
84
Location
Westchester County NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a small saltwater mixing station. I will be mixing 10 gallons of saltwater at a time. So, for something that small, what cheap powerhead would you guys suggest? I saw a video where the NEWA Maxi was recommended. I found the Maxi Multi-Use Powerhead - MP400 (106 GPH) on BRS for $34.00. Would 106 gph be sufficient to effectively stir 10g worth of saltwater? In your opinion, is there something even cheaper that would do the job?

​

​

 
Pretty much anything that moves water would work. I have an old Maxjet 1200 that I use when mixing smaller batches in a 5 gallon bucket. I would think it would be enough for 10 gallons. 2 old karalia powerheads are what I use in my brute container. Nice thing about the maxjet is that it can do double duty as a transfer pump also.
 
Ditto to exnisstech. I just use an older powerhead that I rotated out of my DT.
 
Pretty much anything that moves water would work. I have an old Maxjet 1200 that I use when mixing smaller batches in a 5 gallon bucket. I would think it would be enough for 10 gallons. 2 old karalia powerheads are what I use in my brute container. Nice thing about the maxjet is that it can do double duty as a transfer pump also.
Thank you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new