Powerhead suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter RWhitt907
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RWhitt907

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2023
Messages
405
Reaction score
190
Location
Alaska
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my Nero 5s started acting out close to my year warranty mark. And now that I've passed it. They're both starting to bug out from time to time. What's the best replacement for these? I have a 4ft, 75g tank.
 
you can
One of my Nero 5s started acting out close to my year warranty mark. And now that I've passed it. They're both starting to bug out from time to time. What's the best replacement for these? I have a 4ft, 75g tank.
You can try to call / email customer support and I’m sure they will set you right given that it’s barely passed the warranty period.

It depends on your coral/invert setup and budget. As for me, I’m a big fan of Ecotech Vortech MP10/40/60. I have a few of each and super happy with them! They are very reliable and customizable. Also, no wires inside the tank, which is a big plus.

For a 4ft tank, I would go 1xMP40 or 2xMP10s (one on each side). If your tank is packed with SPS, go for 2xMP40s. Also, MP40s can grow with you when (not if) you upgrade the tank later.

Good luck!
 
One of my Nero 5s started acting out close to my year warranty mark. And now that I've passed it. They're both starting to bug out from time to time. What's the best replacement for these? I have a 4ft, 75g tank.
Another nero 5 or a nero 7 :p
I LOVE nero's so i am pretty biased :p
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new