Powerheads with venturi/air hose connection

mortician

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello,

I am having a hard time figuring out what brand powerheads have a venturi/air hose connection. I am about to setup a CPR aquatics overflow and have heard overtime the aqua lifters fail and would like to add a powerhead with a venturi as a preventative measure. I was looking at the hydor koralia's but looking at all the images and descriptions it seems they do not have one.

Thank you!

Last edited:

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar discussion below as to why a pump is really even needed once a syphon is started on a hob overflow

UNREEFER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The current Marineland maxi jet has the option. Btw they redesigned the aqualifter. I am not sure if it’s better or not. Remember aqualifters are diaphragm pumps. They need to be serviced or replaced every so often. Toms even sold replacement parts so you can diy. I am not sure if the current one has parts out for it.

OP
OP
M

mortician

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The current Marineland maxi jet has the option. Btw they redesigned the aqualifter. I am not sure if it’s better or not. Remember aqualifters are diaphragm pumps. They need to be serviced or replaced every so often. Toms even sold replacement parts so you can diy. I am not sure if the current one has parts out for it.

Interesting I didn't know they redesigned the aqua lifter, I thought the company went out business or something. I will have to look that up!

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting I didn't know they redesigned the aqua lifter, I thought the company went out business or something. I will have to look that up!
BRS selling them and they are inexpensive

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The old Maxi Jet had one,
The newer ones do also. I just received a 600 and it has the venturi fittings

EDIT:

maxjet.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back