Powering MP10 with dc power from power station?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evieeeeee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Evieeeeee

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2020
Messages
83
Reaction score
24
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm not too familiar with electrical concepts and I had some questions that I was hoping to get answers to.

I'm preparing myself for a potential power outage in case the coming storm knocks out my power for a decent amount of time and wondering if it's possible to power my MP10 using the dc 12v/10a output on my portable power station. It has 2 dc5521 plugs and a car output port and I'm seeing people talk about how powering the MP10 with dc power is more efficient so I was wondering if it would be a better solution than plugging in the MP10 directly to the ac plug like you would regular devices? Even if it's not efficient is it possible to do a dc male to male plug to power the MP10? I'm not familiar with these plugs so unsure if I can just any male to male and make it work or if I need to do something specific.

For reference the power station I'm using is the Bluetti Power Station EB3A
 
24V system is as simples as two 12v deep cycle batteries in series and a 24V NOCO AGM charger at Batteries Plus. It has works for all power outages for years now on MP40s. 24V Lithium batteries are still new to market and expensive but perhaps coming down in price. I can send picture if this interests anyone.

If at work it never fails so no emergency trip is needed. This is as important as any technique or care of sps knowledge in my area.
 
Last edited:
Yeah I have 24 volts by DC back up to where the wrapped 7 amp 12 v Ecotech nattery would go. It works just fine. I can send photo if you like
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new