PraziPro and live Bacteria

kadamik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am dosing my 2nd dose of Prazipro and since I have to turn off the skimmer and UV, I thought maybe I could kill 2 birds with one stone and go ahead and add in Dr Tim's One and Only bacteria. I started the tank with Fritz turbo 900 and I thought adding Dr Tims would mix it up a little. I did a little research and could not find anything that talked about it. Does anyone on here know or have done it before?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am dosing my 2nd dose of Prazipro and since I have to turn off the skimmer and UV, I thought maybe I could kill 2 birds with one stone and go ahead and add in Dr Tim's One and Only bacteria. I started the tank with Fritz turbo 900 and I thought adding Dr Tims would mix it up a little. I did a little research and could not find anything that talked about it. Does anyone on here know or have done it before?
You Can add bacteria with Prazi . Assure Prazi treatment is full 8 day interval followed by water change and one 8 day interval repeated.
Prazi does decrease both appetite and oxygen so increase oxygen via airstone

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazipro (liquid) can sometimes lead to bacterial blooms after a couple doses. I'm not sure if adding bottled bacterial would speed that up, prevent it, or have no affect, but I would keep an eye on it..

apparently bacteria love feeding on something in prazipro... so you might get a bacterial bloom when dosing it. Adding bottled bacterial may or may not make this worse.

It should be safe, but it may lead to a bacterial bloom, which could then lower O2 in the tank. So maybe run an extra air stone just in case?

you can use the following site to determine the time between doses based on tank water temp and salinity.

Marine Parasite Calendar

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oxygenation is key with or without adding Dr. Tim's

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazipro (liquid) can sometimes lead to bacterial blooms after a couple doses. I'm not sure if adding bottled bacterial would speed that up, prevent it, or have no affect, but I would keep an eye on it..

apparently bacteria love feeding on something in prazipro... so you might get a bacterial bloom when dosing it. Adding bottled bacterial may or may not make this worse.

It should be safe, but it may lead to a bacterial bloom, which could then lower O2 in the tank. So maybe run an extra air stone just in case?

you can use the following site to determine the time between doses based on tank water temp and salinity.

Marine Parasite Calendar
It’s the solvent used in Prazipro, a glycol, serves as a food source for heterotrophic bacteria, sometimes causing bacterial blooms, with associated drop in dissolved oxygen. Using ethanol as a solvent for the prazi is even worse though.
Jay

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 65 43.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.8%
Back