Precision of apex DOS dosing problem.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tedca
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tedca

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2011
Messages
6
Reaction score
9
Location
Sweden
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the precision of the DOS?
One of my channels doses KH, and during calibration it gives 39 ml instead of 40. I enter the result.
I currently dose 345 ml on that channel. DOS splits this into small doses of 4.4 ml, but when I check them they are only 4 ml.
I have the same problem with my Ca channel, which runs at a steady flow throughout the day of 2.4 ml, but when I measure it, it only gives 2 ml.
Are the doses too small?
Can it be calibrated against a smaller dose than the preset 40 ml?
Or is it possible to change the setting (via task, dosing) to dose fewer, larger doses?
 
You should calibrate it before using it, yes.
They do ship with a factory set calibration, but it still needs to be done once setup for your tank.
 
You should calibrate it before using it, yes.
They do ship with a factory set calibration, but it still needs to be done once setup for your tank.
I have calibrated it several times. Same result. The calibration is against 40ml but the adds for the 2-part is around 4ml every 15minute.
Am I the only one having this problem?
When crosschecked against calibration (same volume) the pump is spot on. It is when adding smal doses the accuracy drifts.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new