Predator 55 gallon grow out stocking

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a baby dog face I need to grow out before it goes into my big tank and want to do it in a 55 with some other predators. The fish can be small enough to stay in the 55 forever or go into my 6x2 tank when to big for the 55. Any eels you would suggest? Any other predators? I’ll also be growing out a very small koran angel In this same 55 gallon until she is about 3-4 inches.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could grow out the pebbletoirh eels, some say a snowflake can live in a 55g longterm. The snowflakes are always available in very small sizes,, some ofbtge others may be harder to find in small sizes.. You could grow out baby triggers, the picasso and clown are good choices, you can find both of these at around 1.5" and they don't grow so outrageously fast.

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could grow out the pebbletoirh eels, some say a snowflake can live in a 55g longterm. The snowflakes are always available in very small sizes,, some ofbtge others may be harder to find in small sizes.. You could grow out baby triggers, the picasso and clown are good choices, you can find both of these at around 1.5" and they don't grow so outrageously fast.
my girlfriend has her eye on the niger trigger, I can acquire them at 1.5 inches. think it would out grow a 6x2 tank in two years? Also could a chain link eel work? I’ve liked those alot and read snowflakes are aggressive as heck and chain links are more peaceful

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my girlfriend has her eye on the niger trigger, I can acquire them at 1.5 inches. think it would out grow a 6x2 tank in two years? Also could a chain link eel work? I’ve liked those alot and read snowflakes are aggressive as heck and chain links are more peaceful

Niger is ok, they just grow alot faster. I was responding to a 55g, in a 6' tank, that would give you 2 years. The chainlink is a nice eel, just a little harder to find a really small one, but would also be fine in a 6' tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back