Predator 55 gallon grow out stocking

  • Thread starter Thread starter ARGYGANG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ARGYGANG

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2022
Messages
532
Reaction score
217
Location
columbia
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a baby dog face I need to grow out before it goes into my big tank and want to do it in a 55 with some other predators. The fish can be small enough to stay in the 55 forever or go into my 6x2 tank when to big for the 55. Any eels you would suggest? Any other predators? I’ll also be growing out a very small koran angel In this same 55 gallon until she is about 3-4 inches.
 
You could grow out the pebbletoirh eels, some say a snowflake can live in a 55g longterm. The snowflakes are always available in very small sizes,, some ofbtge others may be harder to find in small sizes.. You could grow out baby triggers, the picasso and clown are good choices, you can find both of these at around 1.5" and they don't grow so outrageously fast.
 
You could grow out the pebbletoirh eels, some say a snowflake can live in a 55g longterm. The snowflakes are always available in very small sizes,, some ofbtge others may be harder to find in small sizes.. You could grow out baby triggers, the picasso and clown are good choices, you can find both of these at around 1.5" and they don't grow so outrageously fast.
my girlfriend has her eye on the niger trigger, I can acquire them at 1.5 inches. think it would out grow a 6x2 tank in two years? Also could a chain link eel work? I’ve liked those alot and read snowflakes are aggressive as heck and chain links are more peaceful
 
my girlfriend has her eye on the niger trigger, I can acquire them at 1.5 inches. think it would out grow a 6x2 tank in two years? Also could a chain link eel work? I’ve liked those alot and read snowflakes are aggressive as heck and chain links are more peaceful

Niger is ok, they just grow alot faster. I was responding to a 55g, in a 6' tank, that would give you 2 years. The chainlink is a nice eel, just a little harder to find a really small one, but would also be fine in a 6' tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new