Predator fish interbreeding?

HappyPotatoes

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
27
Reaction score
23
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Like usual, I've been daydreaming about aquarium setups, and I was curious about predator tanks. Specifically, ones with lionfish and scorpionfish. If I kept two species within the same genus in one tank, and they were opposite genders, would they interbreed? I don't want this to happen, and so am hesitant about keeping any two species from the same genus together. Has anyone ever experienced this, or am I getting worried over nothing?
 
Highly unlikely it would happen so I say you’re worried about nothing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new