Jake Tully

Jake Tully

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish (and tank)!

Thank you! I like my predators a lot more than my previous fish. I'm excited that I have everything where I want in with the rocks and stocking so now I can let them get acclimated and focus on adding more soft coral and gorgonia.

OP
OP
Jake Tully

Jake Tully

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a lot of things coming in the next week or so. I recently got an Aquatic Lifesystems WDM-75 sump from my LFS/work along with an Eshopps Nano Skimmer. I know the skimmer is only rated for MAX 30g system but I was told it should be enough and it was cheap enough to give it a shot. My plan is to add a 600-700 gph return pump and make a DIY refugium using a cut specimen cup (this idea will require it's own post). I will run bio-balls along with Marine Pure balls before the water hits the skimmer chamber. I am really excited to get all of this dialed in so my tank can start to flourish. In the next post I will show my plans for the future.

OP
OP
Jake Tully

Jake Tully

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indonesian Themed Reef Plan

Fish:

· Marine Betta*

· Fu Manchu Lionfish*

Inverts:

· Bubble Tip Brittle Starfish/Tile Starfish

Future Soft Coral Additions:

· Red Sea Feather

· Purple Sea Feather

· Weeping Willow Leather

· Yellow Fiji Leather

· Purple Whip Gorgonia

· Yellow sea feather

· Purple plume gorgonian toadstool

· Purple sea rod

· Zoa garden on front rock

· Other LPS

Filtration:

· Sump -Aquatic Lifesystems WDM-75

· Protein skimmer -Eshopps Nano Skimmer

· Marine Pure BioBalls

OP
OP
Jake Tully

Jake Tully

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dealing with some algae bloom recently. Some of it is caused by a certain tank inhabitant who constantly remodels his cave... but some of it is biological as well. I have covered the tank for 4 days and dosed clarity which held for a couple days but it is slowly starting to come back. I think when I install my sump in 2 days it will help but the algae bloom will still be in my water. Going to cover again for another week or so, this time making sure everything is clear before uncovering.

20181107_014439727_iOS.jpg

OP
OP
Jake Tully

Jake Tully

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been MIA on this thread because of school but I have something new in the works. Since I am about to graduate and moving my whole 50 gallon setup was a pain the first time I did it, I've decided to sell my tank and get the Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 40 AIO. I love the look of the tank and the setup will fit a little bit better with my lifestyle at this point. I work at a LFS in Charlotte, NC so capitalizing on that while I can with getting discounts on the tank. My plan is to get rid of all of my lionfish and eel to settle on a clownfish pair and maybe a school of bangai cardinals. It sucks because I put a lot of work into getting my lionfish to eat frozen and become big healthy specimens. Ill post my most recent FTS in the next post.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back