Preference on Smart Power strips?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AV corals
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AV corals

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2022
Messages
124
Reaction score
204
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow Reefers,
I am in the market for a few Smart Power Strips but curious to know which you reefers prefer? I see quite a few but my main focus is to be able to "mount" the power strip with screws as most don't allow and the double-sided gorilla tape eventually loosens with the heat/moisture in the air.


Happy reefing everyone!
 
Hello Fellow Reefers,
I am in the market for a few Smart Power Strips but curious to know which you reefers prefer? I see quite a few but my main focus is to be able to "mount" the power strip with screws as most don't allow and the double-sided gorilla tape eventually loosens with the heat/moisture in the air.


Happy reefing everyone!
Ive used and liked both ZooMed and Corallife brands
 
Hello Fellow Reefers,
I am in the market for a few Smart Power Strips but curious to know which you reefers prefer? I see quite a few but my main focus is to be able to "mount" the power strip with screws as most don't allow and the double-sided gorilla tape eventually loosens with the heat/moisture in the air.


Happy reefing everyone!
Depends on one's definition of what "smart" means to them. On and off control is not enough, cloud control is not enough, power management and open API and other automation like IFTTT, etc. I personally like to monitor power draw from the grid. Kasa has several smart plugs that work with home power monitoring solutions like Sense. I also have some APC models that are discontinued and the remainder are Neptune Apex EB832. Those are great, except they only work through the cloud and only talk to Apex devices and inputs.

Personally, I'd do a mix of a controller system and then one for power management as well with some sort of backup UPS or other ancillary system in today's times.
 
I use a Kasa for a couple items and am sure it has holes for screw heads.
 
Kasa power strips are the best I have several and their smart plugs, and a few of their 4k cameras I really like their products, they get my approval !!
 
Another vote for the Kasa branded power strips. Works extremely well.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new