Pregnant Seahorses

A_Tired_Shark

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2023
Messages
32
Reaction score
15
Location
Stuart, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning reef2reef! Over the weekend my LFS helped me confirm that at least one of my male seahorses is pregnant! I've been trying to find a solid answer on how to successfully raise some seahorses online but haven't had any luck yet . If ANYONE has any experience with this can you please give me some advice? I've been eyeballing some 10 gallon tank set ups at Petco to transfer my seahorse into when he's ready to blow, but anything beyond that I have no idea what to do. If anyone has any ideas your help would be very appreciated!

20230703_140713.jpg
 
start your bbs now , I like to have some 1week - 3 week old bbs as trying to raise seahorses on newly hatched bbs becomes a energy sink at later stages…. also cop some enrichment ( very important) , main thing being clean clean and clean water so stock up on salt and containers … live phyto in the tank helps (keeps food enriched and helps somewhat on water quality)

I’ll leave room for others to chime in but trust me on this: clean tanks and gut loaded enriched brine shrimp are the keys
BTW I NEVER worried about keeping them in those circulating contraptions
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new