Preparing algae and floating/loose plants from the beach?

stageforkids

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2024
Messages
48
Reaction score
12
Location
Singapore
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,



I collected some algae plants and floating plants and small branches from the beach, and want to add them to my tank.

I'm thinking of just putting these with Dipx for an hour, and then, another dip with ruby rally pro.

Is that ok? Do I need to quarantine?

Am hoping to: 1. Provide fox face with some natural bites 2. Hopefully good bacteria in tank (tank is already established but natural ocean bac is good?) 3. My tank is too clean, algae not growing, hoping to get some going.



Thanks!
 
Hey guys,



I collected some algae plants and floating plants and small branches from the beach, and want to add them to my tank.

I'm thinking of just putting these with Dipx for an hour, and then, another dip with ruby rally pro.

Is that ok? Do I need to quarantine?

Am hoping to: 1. Provide fox face with some natural bites 2. Hopefully good bacteria in tank (tank is already established but natural ocean bac is good?) 3. My tank is too clean, algae not growing, hoping to get some going.



Thanks!
Interesting!

I know that @vetteguy53081 is familiar with the Ruby Rally Pro product, maybe he can help here. Thanks in advance, Vetteguy52081 :)
 
Hey guys,



I collected some algae plants and floating plants and small branches from the beach, and want to add them to my tank.

I'm thinking of just putting these with Dipx for an hour, and then, another dip with ruby rally pro.

Is that ok? Do I need to quarantine?

Am hoping to: 1. Provide fox face with some natural bites 2. Hopefully good bacteria in tank (tank is already established but natural ocean bac is good?) 3. My tank is too clean, algae not growing, hoping to get some going.



Thanks!
I brought seaweed and plants back from both Jamaica and Florida and it fell apart rater quickly and tanks ate what they could. From falling apart created a mess and clogged my overflow. You can try it but for me - never again
 
I wouldn’t personally bother trying to treat them. Just rinse off loose stuff.
 
There is a lot of good and possible bad with this. Been doing that for years and I can say that natural macroalgae is the best thing ever, but, big but, if it doesn't like aquarium conditions you just pollute your tank. Be ready for it to just die. Tho the microorganisms that come in macro for me are worth it, plus I know some that take off.
 
Hey guys,

I don't know why I hadn't received any email notification, I thought noone answered. Thanks for being so amazing!
I still have the algae, put them in a small container, in a way a mini quarantine.
Will wash these off, and add tank water and rinse again in 3 days, and then put in the tank.
I'm only just concerned with parasites really, but as these were floating and I'm sure floating for days, no fish so parasites would have died or gone. But then, you can never be too careful...
Will use them in tank, try make happy by boys
Thanks awesome people!
 
Could you take a pic of it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new