Presenting myself and my mixed reef tank

Crabbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking reef man! Stoked to see the update with the fifth Hydra!

Phil Cusimano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, Junio from Brazil! That's a spectacular shallow reef you have there! I think a found my next project ... before I've even finished my current project! I have the perfect spot for it too, of course, I'll probably be sleeping in the Garage for a few months. I had to spend a month sleeping on the couch when I bought my current project 454L (120g) aquarium ... LOL The other half of me said "you just can't stop at one, can you! ... you have to have two!" Can you imagine what it will be like with a 3rd aquarium! Anyway, you'll find everyone from the R2R owner, Staff and members to be very helpful. Once again welcome!

Boom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very inspiring, Junio. Thanks for sharing your progress through the years.
I'm also very impressed with your language skills! How many do you speak?

OP
OP
junio melo

junio melo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, Junio from Brazil! That's a spectacular shallow reef you have there! I think a found my next project ... before I've even finished my current project! I have the perfect spot for it too, of course, I'll probably be sleeping in the Garage for a few months. I had to spend a month sleeping on the couch when I bought my current project 454L (120g) aquarium ... LOL The other half of me said "you just can't stop at one, can you! ... you have to have two!" Can you imagine what it will be like with a 3rd aquarium! Anyway, you'll find everyone from the R2R owner, Staff and members to be very helpful. Once again welcome!

Thank you, Phil!
I am a shallow reef adicct. This is my third one. I have tried a taller display but it only lasted a couple months!

I guess I'm lucky. My wife loves the aquarium and shares my sea passion. She is also my dive buddy!
I wish you a better luck with your 3rd aquarium! Please let me know when or where you have a post of your tanks!

Phil Cusimano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, Phil!
I am a shallow reef adicct. This is my third one. I have tried a taller display but it only lasted a couple months!

I guess I'm lucky. My wife loves the aquarium and shares my sea passion. She is also my dive buddy!
I wish you a better luck with your 3rd aquarium! Please let me know when or where you have a post of your tanks!
Will do Junio! Can you go over the dimension of your aquarium again? Either my conversion from meter to feet is off, or I misread your dimensions! Yes, I'll start post photographs shorty of my latest build which will be stock entirely with coral frags and fish.

OP
OP
junio melo

junio melo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do Junio! Can you go over the dimension of your aquarium again? Either my conversion from meter to feet is off, or I misread your dimensions! Yes, I'll start post photographs shorty of my latest build which will be stock entirely with coral frags and fish.

Dimensions are 2.2x0.5x0.5m, around 7,22x1,64x1,64 ft (146G display).

Phil Cusimano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dimensions are 2.2x0.5x0.5m, around 7,22x1,64x1,64 ft (146G display).
Junio, that was nice of you to convert the dimensions for me. I realize that I miss read and wrote down the wrong metric dimension, I'm getting excite I have the perfect spot for that size aquarium! Can't wait to finish my current project, get it up and running and starting another build ... which will probably be the last one ... I don't think I can had the maintenance and cost of more than 3 reef aquariums.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous reef! I have seen a number of reefs from Brazil on various forums and I don't think I have seen anything but beautiful displays! You folks there have a real knack for spectacular reefs.

OP
OP
junio melo

junio melo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone!

The news is I have 9 anthias in my quarentine tank, 4 squaminipinis and 5 bimaculatus, 5 green chromis and 2 firefishes:

IMG_6641.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back