Preset Settings for Radion With WXM

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biglurr54
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Biglurr54

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2017
Messages
986
Reaction score
432
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Apex 2016 and a XR15 on my frag section in my sump. I got everything connected and i created a program for the light as i want it to work. What I noticed is that the light can either work in the preset program or on 100 if the switch is turned to manually on. I would like to have a Virtual switch that I can do on the APEX that will turn the light to a preset setting (all Blue channels at 100%) and another virtual switch that would turn the light to a 14k spectrum. This would be regardless of the schedule. I have the frag area lit during the night to stabilize ph but there are times that I want to see in the frag area and view it in blue and in 14k light that is opposite the normal light schedule.

Does any one have a work around or way to do this?

My display light is metal halide and DIY LEDs so I haven't had to venture into this programmable light arena!
 
Yes, I described how to do this in my tutorial on Apex Lunar Schedules and Lighting Profiles: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptu...ion-lunar-schedule-and-lighting-profiles.717/

In a nutshell, create a Radion profile containing the color settings you want, then either use a virtual output or a Feed mode timer to apply the settings in the Advanced tab of the Radion output which will override the normal schedule:

If Output BlueLights = ON Then ProfileName

- or-

If FeedD 000 Then ProfileName
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new