Pressure on False Claim Products

sheel be right

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seachem is such a hit and miss, ive used alot of theyre products throughout the years and they only ones i use now are the trace and sometime fuel, ive used theyre aquavitro line too and honestly its alright and makes do.
a few things that tick me off are the prime amonioa detox claims and amguard claims, also they sell a powdered version which boggles me on why people even by the liquid prime when the powered version has lasted me over 5 years (freshwater tanks).

also theyre stupid reef advantages mag is only magnesium sulfate so im pretty sure over time you can inadvertently throw off your tanks sulfates. (maybe @Randy Holmes-Farley can confirm this :grinning-face-with-sweat: )

Last edited by a moderator:

StubbyAcro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why bash on Brightwell company specifically? Why not be fair and bash on other companies?

Like Seachem who falsely advertised Prime to detoxify ammonia?

Or companies that sell bacteria supplements when most if not all of the species of bacteria used can’t reproduce in saltwater?

Or the company that sells MarinePure blocks that leech aluminium and don’t even reduce nitrate?

What targer Brightwell specifically when other companies also sell both good and bad products?

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Why bash on Brightwell company specifically? Why not be fair and bash on other companies?

Or companies that sell bacteria supplements when most if not all of the species of bacteria used can’t reproduce in saltwater?

Or the company that sells MarinePure blocks that leech aluminium and don’t even reduce nitrate?

What targer Brightwell specifically when other companies also sell both good and bad products?

Did you read any other part of the thread? :grinning-squinting-face:

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Some of that has already been done in other threads...

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have cavities, mostly because of genetics and flossing. That does not make toothpaste a scam, and in fact most toothpaste (ignoring the marketing) has beneficial ingredients, like Fluoride, desensitizers, detergents (surfactants), medications known to stimulate gum recovery, whiteners like peroxide, baking soda, etc.
You are right. I didn't know until now, neither of my parents have had cavities either. And they are in just turning 60

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back