Preyou's 135 Cube

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to a flood in my living room (not involving the aquarium) I was forced to tear up and replace my floors. In doing so, it necessitated a relocation of my 115XH reef tank. Not being happy with 100% of my first setup, I decided to pickup a 135 cube that a local reefer was selling.

The dimensions of this display are 36" x 36" x 24". The sump is an Eshopps R-200 refugium. The skimmer is a Vertex Omega 180i. My current return pump is an Eheim 1260, but this is scheduled for replacement. I am using four Aurora LED pucks from RapidLED. These are four-channel multichip arrays and are dimmed my my Apex.

The move went quite well because I had a small, all-in-one, frag tank available. All of the corals were pried from their spot in the old tank and moved into temporary holding. The fish were moved from point A to B directly.

Without further adieu, here is the display so far. I still have a large amount of coral to relocate.

DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

OP
OP
Preyou

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the sump before it went to live in the cabinet.

DSC_0175.jpg

Here is my plumbing manifold that supplies the return and a BRS dual media reactor.

DSC_0177.jpg

OP
OP
Preyou

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold the old tank (cheap) to a beginning reefer in my local club along with the sump, skimmer, cabinet, and overflow. He then proceeded to move the tank into his house and dropped it onto the floor breaking it. :squigglemouth:

Everything fit perfectly into the new display, so I am perfectly happy with the way that things have gone for me so far in this relocation.

OP
OP
Preyou

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I felt the same way, but he made out okay. I gave him everything for $100 and the sump was worth more than that by itself.... I was just trying to help him out.

It turned my stomach to see my old tank broken.... even though it wasn't mine anymore. It treated me well while it was in my care. There was a lot of life left in it.

OP
OP
Preyou

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update. Lost a fight about six months ago with AEFW. The result was a total loss of all of my acropora corals and a large number of softies (after a die-off of the AEFW poisoned the display...).... Lessons learned. Nothing goes into the display without being treated for pests... regardless of the source.

A bright side though.... I won my battle with asterina starfish when two of my wrasses developed an appetite for them. Now I have a couple of rather large wrasses.

OP
OP
Preyou

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef's return to glory is in full swing. These are my assorted bubble tips from above....

DSC_1782.NEF.jpg

OP
OP
Preyou

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a long, long time since I have updated my build thread. I have gone through ups and downs as we all do and thought that now would be as good a time as any to share some progress photos since the tank has been completely re-aquascaped. I also had the opportunity to purchase a fellow reefer’s complete livestock package when he departed the hobby. Unfortunately I did not have the room for much of it, so I have expanded to a 40 gallon frag tank alongside of my display.

Back