Price for a used tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter qterry22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

qterry22

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
173
Reaction score
18
Location
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the respectable amount to offer on a used tank. I know there are tons of conditions that could change this. Here is a tank I am thinking of making an offer on. Price per gallon for stand and tank? Any feed back would be great. I am thinking anywhere between .50 - 1.00 per gallon.

Parting out my 120 gallon saltwater aquarium. It is about 6 or 7 years old. Everything is in very good shape and is top of the line equipment.
size / dimensions: 48x,24x24

00J0J_brBGzpwnzIQ_600x450.jpg
 
$1 per gallon usually only applies to the tank itself. Are you getting the entire system? If so, whats it come with? That entire system woukd fetch a pretty penny, looks like a good setup.
 
I am only interested in the stand and tank. I dont want the entire system. He has agreed to part it out.
 
Personally I wouldn't pay more than $600-$700 for a used 125 and stand. Brand new you would pay $1400-$1500

I would like to know where you shop. Here a new 125 with stand would run about $800.

Buying used can vary.... Sometimes you can get into a 120 fully stocked for like $600 off craigslist. It just depends on what its worth to you
 
Yea, your looking at about $200-$300 for the tank. And that looks like the normal Petsmart stand, so should only fetch about $200 itself.
 
Awesome thanks for the info. I will most like re-seal the inside of the tank for peace of mind once I get it. Will keep you posted on how the negotiating goes :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new