Prime 16HD or Ocean Revive Arctic T247 for a ~22 inch cube tank?

miltonkl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up my first tank and could use some input from those that understand lights better. Looking at a couple of used light options for my tank. I can get a Ocean Revive Arctic T247 for about $120 or so probably or an AI Prime 16HD (w/ gooseneck mount) for $180. My tank is an Aquatop Recife 40 which is a 21.7 inch cube, though part of that is taken up by the back chambers as it's an AIO tank. Should I grab one of these lights? The Prime is certainly a hot light right now but I'm worried my tank might be too big for a single prime while the OR T247 is a bigger form and thus presumably will cover better. Depth also being a concern here.

Any suggestions/thoughts on these lights?

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't used the Prime but I've tested the T247 on a 60g cube (24x24x24) and it throws plenty of light. The Prime will give you more fine tuning and app control in a smaller package. The T247's have 2 adjustable channels with timers. While I do like the T247's, I'd go for the Prime in your case. I think you'll be much happier.

nytexas1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Measure the width of the tank, don’t include the rear chambers. AI prime has a max coverage of 24” , ideally it will perform great within 20” or less. It’s an amazing light. I bought one a few weeks ago. It’s a little pricier then most lights but it’s one of the best lights out there and has done an amazing job in my tank. I don’t regret my decision. I think you’ll seriously agree if you do the same.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocean Revive, like any black box, will have more power and spread... but Prime will have more options like more channels, ramping up and down, and an App if you're into that.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back