Pro Bio S, Pro Bio F, NP Pro?

Crashnt24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been reading through some SPS threads and saw these products mentioned once or twice. All three descriptions sound similar. I can't decide which one to try or try all three? I want to help my acros flourish and grow a little faster. I read that adding pro biotics, it helps reduce nutrients and feed coral. I don't really need to reduce nutrients as my tank struggles keeping NO3 at detectable levels. Phosphate is reading 0.08 fairly consistently. Anyone have experience with these products?

Here are the descripts:

Pro Bio S
Highly concentrated probiotic bacteria. Supplement contains several specially selected bacteria strains. Key function is to transform phosphate, nitrate and organic compounds to a biomass which can be easily removed by skimmer or consumed by corals, sponges, clams and many filter feeders. Bacteria will significantly reduce organic sediment accumulating in the substrate & aquascaping elements. To achieve better results it’s recommended to place in the sump an additional bacteria medium like Siporax or sand. Bacteria can also be a food source for corals. Pro Bio S protects your tank against pathogenic organisms. Recommended to use in conjunction with -NP Pro or Pro Bio F. Dosage: 1 drop per 100 litres daily (27 US gal).

Pro Bio F
Probiotic bacteria with culture medium for NO3 PO4 reduction. It stimulates the development of bacterioplankton, one of the main nutrients for all corals. Dosage: one spoon for 100 liters (27 US gal) of water daily.

-NP Pro
Liquid Polymer - Media for a growth of probiotic bacteria. When -NP Pro is added to the water, bacteria will grow rapidly. These bacteria will convert unwanted nutrients, like nitrate and phosphate into biomass. As a result valuable bacterioplankton is absorbed by corals (providing an additional source of natural food). Recommended to use in conjunction with Pro Bio S. Dosage: 1 drop per 100 litres (27 US gal) daily.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are Aquaforest products. They are well tested by a lot of people including me. You need pro bio s and NP pro. Just start with half the recommended dose for your tank and watch for nutrient level changes. Basically the bacteria will use the nitrate and phosphate and the corals will eat the bacteria. I had few long threads here in Aquaforest product thread you can check more there.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back