Pro Reef salt from Turkey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also wanna point out that I contacted Lou to try to resolve my issues I am a store owner who buys bags of store use only salt and Lou very unprofessional he did not read my messages thoroughly and assumed I was a retail customer and wrote me off and stopped responding to my messages. I do not use a Tropic Marin pro i used tropic Maren store used bags and there was 100% a problem with them also and Lou does not want to acknowledge it. It’s very frustrating to me because I thought I was a Tropic Marin customer for life and I will never go back especially because the way Lou treated me and my store. His loss I guess because believe me I let everyone know my experience with Tropic Marin and Lou that I talk to

What is the difference between Tropic Marin Pro and Store Use Only? Is it the same as Pro Reef but in bulk?

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you see the pictures I just posted ? How can you tell me that’s not a problem ? And for what it’s worth Lou claimed from the start that ALL THE RAW MATERIALS were the same from German to turkey so Guarantees there is no problem…. These bags was made at the turkey plant with ((((the same raw materials as the other salts))))
I do see the pictures but if some people have no issues and some don't then it's hard to say. They make small batches than say instant ocean. So it should have effected everyone's tank.

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you see the pictures I just posted ? How can you tell me that’s not a problem ? And for what it’s worth Lou claimed from the start that ALL THE RAW MATERIALS were the same from German to turkey so Guarantees there is no problem…. These bags was made at the turkey plant with ((((the same raw materials as the other salts))))
There were also no issues from users using the regular tropic marin. Atleast I haven't heard anything

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent 2,000 on new auto water change system. New tanks new dos units new iwaki pump and all plumbing. Then spent 3,000$ on salt to stock up and 6 bags in my lines and mixing station is Disgusting. And I’m sitting on $2500 worth of salt and hat Lou said has no problem. And I put yourself in my shoes and imagine how I feel
I've gone through 6 buckets and no issues. Sure I've not spent as much as you but the issue is there. If there's not enough information yet it doesn't matter. As horrible as it sounds. It's terrible you're having issues but it's going to take longer than many of us wish this should have taken. The big issue is that is not black and white because some didn't experience any issues..

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But they say they can't find any problem. So how can they narrow it down to any particular batch (or product)?
Those were the batches thar came back with the problems. From there they didn't find anything that could have effected corals. Which then leads to this mess

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In one of the posts by Lou it was stated a clay substance was found to be the issue. If this was found then why is it being said nothing is being found ?
It's all word play. They found clay as the "issue" but it had no effect on their end so no "issue"

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Word play. Like saying they know what batches are affected as they are the ones that have been reported, yet they appear to be telling other people who are reporting problems that their batch/product is not affected.

What a mess they've got themselves into.

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Word play. Like saying they know what batches are affected as they are the ones that have been reported, yet they appear to be telling other people who are reporting problems that their batch/product is not affected.

What a mess they've got themselves into.
They've found the batches people are seeing issues but they aren't seeing the same issues in this case they are seeing the clay as an issue on purity and how good their German "flavor" is but are seeing no I'll effects of the clay as an issue

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back