Problem connecting to Reefbeat APP

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys, I had to change wife routers at the house and I am having a problem connecting to the Reefbeat app for my Red Sea doser. The light is flashing like it wants to connect but I can't get anything to pop up on the app allowing the connecting or on my phone. I tried reboot and unplugging. I am not the most tech savvy person. I still have a phone that plugs into the wall too.

My doser has continued to work though surprisingly while the internet connect was lost so I am glad about that but I would like to be able to monitor from my phone as I am going on vacation in 2 weeks. Thanks for the hep.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbeat only works on 2.4 ghz.

If you have 2.4ghz, delete your lights and re-add. It sucks and it may take hours..but that is the only other solution.

And yes, it will continue to run the previous program even without internet.

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbeat only works on 2.4 ghz.

If you have 2.4ghz, delete your lights and re-add. It sucks and it may take hours..but that is the only other solution.

And yes, it will continue to run the previous program even without internet.
Will this work for the doser too?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks yes I deleted it and then added it again and it connected and restored my settings
Wow that was fast. Count your lucky stars. Many people spend hours trying to get it to re-connect and add. I am so thankful I am in set it and forget it mode. If i have to readd my devices, I will be selling them.

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that was fast. Count your lucky stars. Many people spend hours trying to get it to re-connect and add. I am so thankful I am in set it and forget it mode. If i have to readd my devices, I will be selling them.
This is the first issue I've had and I'm sure some operator error contributed. I was actually presently surprised that the doser functioned normally even without wifi connectivity that is a huge plus in my book. Switching wifi networks is a pain because there are so many things around the house now that rely on it. I've got no negative review of red sea products or their app.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my ReefWaves lose connectivity, they do default to the last wave pattern (but removing one and re-adding is an absolute PITA, as you end up having to revise wave settings and schedules).

I haven't used the ReefDose or ReefLEDs, but the ReefMat continues to operate normally if it loses connectivity - and when re-established it simply picks up where it left off.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back