Dave1987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got this problem for months now.

Cant find the cause.

My acro gets slimy patches. Sometimes the spot dies sometines it heals and starts somewhere else. Ive got 2 colonies of this one. Both give me the same symptoms.

Kh 8
Ca 440
Mg 1450
Po4 0,04
No3 5

Last icp was good. All elements within range and no heavy metal contamination.

Parameters are stable.

Something is irritating it. Just dont know what it is.

Inspected for bugs l. Had bugs thinking rhis was the cause and treated with interceptor. No improvement. Carbon doesnt work.

Ph problem? Everytime i check its 8,3 with salifert.

IMG-20210306-WA0030.jpeg

PBar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
difficult one indeed...

One option is to deep the coral into Coral RX (or similar) in case if this is a bacterial infection.

Is this happening to all sps or just two of the same species?

Besides, a picture of the full tank could help to check if it is related to any other coral.

OP
OP
D

Dave1987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just these 2 they are the same acro. Some others have some difficulties but I switched to ati pro and a new lighting. So I can place that.

These 2 have had this problem before any changes.

Hope you can help me out.

Attachments

• IMG_20210306_202757.jpg
    IMG_20210306_202757.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 76

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just these 2 they are the same acro. Some others have some difficulties but I switched to ati pro and a new lighting. So I can place that.

These 2 have had this problem before any changes.

Hope you can help me out.
Are you talking about the acro that is about 1.5" to the right of the stinging chalice along the left wall? I am going to go with the stinging chalice if so. I gave away all of my Hollywood stunner because it has about 2.5 inches of reach.

OP
OP
D

Dave1987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not that coral. That coral is fine. The chalice doesnt send out tentacles at night.

To the right of the stylo is 1. And to the left of the frogskin is 1

PBar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently, dipping the coral is not an option... right? They all seem to be fixed in the rock...

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You need to provide more and better pictures. Hard to see anything with the picture you sent

OP
OP
D

Dave1987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not really. I could dip the one on the stylo. But since it seems to be systematic.... Dont know if it would do any good. Something is irritating it. Nothing touches them. Carbon is present. Water is ok. So what could it be..... This was a coral that was growing like mad. Did 3 50% water changes in december and januari. That also didnt fix it. Ati says ok. So it has to be something like ph, bacteria, chemical warfare etc. No aroma diffusers in house. Trying to areate my home with the windows open to test. Osmoses is ok according to ati.

So I hope someone has an idea I didnt think about already.

@Bacon. What do you want to see?

Last edited:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not that coral. That coral is fine. The chalice doesnt send out tentacles at night.

To the right of the stylo is 1. And to the left of the frogskin is 1
Roger that.

That pattern of tissue irritation doesn't really match aefw injury that I have seen, but worth checking into I guess. My flatworms have a very clear preference for certain acropora. I have 50 or so different acropora and these worms just keep torturing the same five or six. If you can remove and dip, I guess that is the next thing.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • None.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back