Problem with reefwave 25

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Micky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this reefwave 25 for about 4 months now. Everything was fine in till my WiFi went down which has happened before and shortly came back up online. So I reconnected it to my reefwave. After that I start having this issue we’re no matter what flow mode I had on its speed would always be stuck at the slowest speed. I’ve tried hard restart and everything I could think of and nothing worked.

Hopefully someone here can try and help me find a solution.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this reefwave 25 for about 4 months now. Everything was fine in till my WiFi went down which has happened before and shortly came back up online. So I reconnected it to my reefwave. After that I start having this issue we’re no matter what flow mode I had on its speed would always be stuck at the slowest speed. I’ve tried hard restart and everything I could think of and nothing worked.

Hopefully someone here can try and help me find a solution.
Sounds like you have a dead controller board. Reefwave's are NOTORIOUS for their controller's dying. I have three reefwaves and two of the controllers are dead. When they are dead they have a minor pulse on the lowest setting...tell tale sign. Hopefully you bought it new and have the receipt. If so, reach out to red sea and ask for a replacement.

OP
OP
M

Micky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you have a dead controller board. Reefwave's are NOTORIOUS for their controller's dying. I have three reefwaves and two of the controllers are dead. When they are dead they have a minor pulse on the lowest setting...tell tale sign. Hopefully you bought it new and have the receipt. If so, reach out to red sea and ask for a replacement.
Sadly I can’t find the receipt. Do you know if Red Sea sells replacement controllers?

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly I can’t find the receipt. Do you know if Red Sea sells replacement controllers?
I have been looking and have not been successful in sourcing one. RedSea might be able to point you to the right direction, but the big boy sellers were not able to get one so i gave up.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 82.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back