Problem with sump

gotblur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a problem going on in my sump and can't figure out what is going on. Changed filter socks like I always do every two or three days. Now with clean ones in place after a few hours the fill up like they are dirty and the water level on top of the two socks gets really high until I pull one out and let all the water drain into the sump. It does it every time I've put clean socks in. Any body have any ideas what is going on or a fix.

schuby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't run filter socks now, but when I did, I once bought some that were finer than I usually used. They filtered better but clogged quickly. You may be experiencing the same issue i had.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you remove the socks, do they appear dirty? Any recent changes to the tank, return pump, or the way you clean your socks? Also, if you use a skimmer, any change in the amount or color of the skimmate you are seeing?

OP
OP
gotblur

gotblur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Socks do not look dirty at all. I did a complete cleaning on everything in the sump a few days ago and everything was working just right until day before yesterday.

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the water from the tank crashing or foaming?

I have that problem with my beananimal - when not properly set it blasts air and water which foams right out of my rollermats.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a complete cleaning on everything in the sump a few days ago and everything was working just right until day before yesterday.

Did you clean the return pump? It could be possible that you're just putting more water through your overflows than before and the socks can't handle the added volume. Just a thought.

OP
OP
gotblur

gotblur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I cleaned everything, and it was working great then I did a water change and 12 hours later the problem started.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back