Problems with Cade gravity fed ATO?

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone run into not being able to set the Cade float high enough? I would love the get the babbling brook sound I have going eliminated, but there is no way to set the float any higher. Already had another member here measure from top of sump down, to see if maybe my bracket was mounted too low, but theirs was same distance mine is.

This not being the same silent Cade others have certainly is frustrating after pulling that float out and messing around with it like 12 times. I need to bring my water level up like a half inch or so, but i see no way to do that without pulling the bracket off and raising it up and cutting the supply line shorter. I will be reaching out to Algae barn I think to get their suggestion.

Vyper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone run into not being able to set the Cade float high enough? I would love the get the babbling brook sound I have going eliminated, but there is no way to set the float any higher. Already had another member here measure from top of sump down, to see if maybe my bracket was mounted too low, but theirs was same distance mine is.

This not being the same silent Cade others have certainly is frustrating after pulling that float out and messing around with it like 12 times. I need to bring my water level up like a half inch or so, but i see no way to do that without pulling the bracket off and raising it up and cutting the supply line shorter. I will be reaching out to Algae barn I think to get their suggestion.
Babbling brook where water returns to sump?

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firstly, love Cade, and will stay with them here on out and echo the AB customer service
Have seen on the rare occasion if there is a rapid water drop, and the ball drops too far it shuts off. Will onLy resume flow when it reaches a set height.

I tend to wear suspenders and belts with Sansi-belt slacks (not really the last one) and have a Tunze in each of my Cades, which relegates the back tank as a back up

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Babbling brook where water returns to sump?

Going from the chamber with 4 media baskets into the return chamber. Unless there’s a way to dial in the sump height to skim just over the media trays, I don’t see how to eliminate it with the height of the return chamber being driver by the ATO.
I have played with over 600 extra GPH on my return pump for an hour in like 100gph intervals both up and down, then silenced the overflow at each and that water level always remained the same height.
Any ideas for me?

Vyper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 1500 and the 1800. I dont believe there is any water height adjustment to speak of. With the sump design the only thing you can really do is set the ato to a sweet spot for the pump chamber. I don’t have the babbling brook issue on either of mine. I am not sure how to advise you. I do know the tank only lets so many gph through that stock pipe. I think the most my core20 would actually pump through it was like 500gph. I just turned the pump down until it started to drop on the gph so it wasn’t working harder than it needed to. Currently run at something like 50% power for 450gph. If I had it to do again I would probably drill the tank inlet and return holes out bigger so it could handle more flow.

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 1500 and the 1800. I dont believe there is any water height adjustment to speak of. With the sump design the only thing you can really do is set the ato to a sweet spot for the pump chamber. I don’t have the babbling brook issue on either of mine. I am not sure how to advise you. I do know the tank only lets so many gph through that stock pipe. I think the most my core20 would actually pump through it was like 500gph. I just turned the pump down until it started to drop on the gph so it wasn’t working harder than it needed to. Currently run at something like 50% power for 450gph. If I had it to do again I would probably drill the tank inlet and return holes out bigger so it could handle more flow.
Thanks for the input.
I can get more GPH than I need out of drain line, I think the problem is the float valve height, not sure it sits at that elevation when there is so much adjustability in them, I need just like a half inch to rid that babbling brook.
Algae Barn suggested a FB group of Cade owners, so I will suck up my distaste for that platform and probably ask around there before making some changes down there.

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Mine came installed backwards as well. Algae barn also helped me figure it out and get it flipped over. Has been working great since then though. @RagnarReef What issues are you seeing?
I just set up my CADE S2 900 and everything was fine last night and I checked this morning in the ATO was empty so I filled it with 5 gallons and it immediately filled up my display tank and my sump. I called algae barn but he said he would have someone call me. Could you please take a picture of your float valve so I can see if mine is installed backwards?
Thank You!

King3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone run into not being able to set the Cade float high enough?
Did you manage to find solution to this problem, I have Cade 2100 with the same issue the water noise is ruining it. If I could pull it up just a bit I would get rid of the noise as described in your reply

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you manage to find solution to this problem, I have Cade 2100 with the same issue the water noise is ruining it. If I could pull it up just a bit I would get rid of the noise as described in your reply
Sure did.

It was actually the media baskets! They need to all be oriented the same way. I have marine pure bioballs in mine, I’d have to check if you want but I think I had put 2 of the four back in the wrong direction. I rotated them all to match and viola, babbling brook gone.

The only thing I hear in my case is the skimmer running, everything else is silent.

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure did.

It was actually the media baskets! They need to all be oriented the same way. I have marine pure bioballs in mine, I’d have to check if you want but I think I had put 2 of the four back in the wrong direction. I rotated them all to match and viola, babbling brook gone.

The only thing I hear in my case is the skimmer running, everything else is silent.
I would like to add, there was nothing wrong with the top off valve, as long as you are certain you don’t have it backwards it’s not that. If you’re like me you’ve probably checked it like 37 times and that’s why you’re here.

King3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure did.

I removed one of the basket , thanks for the tip will check it now (hopefully this will solve it)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back