problems with eshopps psk-100h skimmer

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's acting up. I have been noticing that it hasn't been performing like it should lately. it will run and appear to work. but when I go and lift it up a bit it's isn't pumping water in or out of the skimmer. I do have this hooked up to a co2 scrubber also. it was doing this before the scrubber also. possible bad pump. I think it's time for a new HOB skimmer that will work better with a co2 scrubber. I thought something was clogging it but I can empty it and the refill it and restart it and works fine for a few hours but then it will do the samething again. I drain the water out and then refill it and it works again. I don't mined if it's here and there but everyday 2 to 3 times a day. it's a pain to do it.
any suggestions? I might just get a new skimmer. a better brand than the eshopps psk-100h.

Joshua Mummery

I Like Turtles
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the pump might not be strong enough to pull air through the co2 scrubber, also before the scrubber there might have been a clog somewhere. have you tried giving it a vinegar bath?

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the pump might not be strong enough to pull air through the co2 scrubber, also before the scrubber there might have been a clog somewhere. have you tried giving it a vinegar bath?
I have tried given it a vinegar bath. right now I have it working. got it working again this morning. I did a wc and overfilled the tank a little bit from what I normally have it at. took some out and it's working fine now. I might raise the skimmer up a bit but I think were good. before the wc It was working fine for a week. but with the wc I added a little bit to much and it was going crazy when I turned it on with out hooking it up to the co2 scrubber. took some water out and it's fine. but I still feel I need to raise it up a hair.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back