problems with ghl probes

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone , I'm dealing with false reading (to my opinion) at my profilux 4 .
I connected it to my tank few days ago, calibrated the probes (twice) and the readings are the same....8.5 at ph , and 100 at orp .
the funny (or not) thing is when I put the probes at cup of water from the tank, out side of the tank the orp jumps to 200) .
I sent to GHL support few messages , they didn't answer me yet.
I am frustrated and angry with this situation, this computer is not chip .

Screenshot_20220719-074254_GHL Connect.jpg

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I am not familiar with that brand, but I use Apex systems and their directions say that the ORP probe needs some time to start producing accurate readings. So I ignored my for a while and then the readings were where I thought they should be and stable.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orp probes are finicky like that. It takes a while to get a propped reading from them.
Stray current can also have an impact on the reading so if it doesn’t stabilize in a week I would check for that.

OP
OP
Yanir34

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply mate
I updated the firmware to the latest version of the profilux 4 , and have calibrated the electrode twice.
I also checked for stray voltage with pro device (voltage meter) , and it is 0.0 of voltage in the water (NO stray current in the water) .
it is important to know that the tank started the cycle 9 days ago ...and slimmer turned on 2 days ago... I will see what will happen in the next few days.

OP
OP
Yanir34

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the test for stray voltage ⚡, from today .
I also connected today grounding probe .

Attachments

• 20220721_125831.mp4
    7.1 MB
OP
OP
Yanir34

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another thing that have changed today, i plugged in today my chiller ...temperature got down to its target- 24.5 C ....and the orp rised to 112 .
The previous temperature was 28.2 C

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
here is the test for stray voltage ⚡, from today .
I also connected today grounding probe .
Can’t see the video. Did you test the stray voltage before or after you placed the grounding probe? Just asking because even the dc pumps put out some stray voltage not like current, but people say it is “natural” with the magnets. Only way I can get 0 is with grounding plug, or everything shut off.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply mate
I updated the firmware to the latest version of the profilux 4 , and have calibrated the electrode twice.
I also checked for stray voltage with pro device (voltage meter) , and it is 0.0 of voltage in the water (NO stray current in the water) .
it is important to know that the tank started the cycle 9 days ago ...and slimmer turned on 2 days ago... I will see what will happen in the next few days.
Ah, then your values are gonna be all over the place with a tank that young. I wouldn’t worry about the orp level for at least a month or so because it’s gonna be funky as heck due to all the processes going on.

OP
OP
Yanir34

Yanir34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t see the video. Did you test the stray voltage before or after you placed the grounding probe? Just asking because even the dc pumps put out some stray voltage not like current, but people say it is “natural” with the magnets. Only way I can get 0 is with grounding plug, or everything shut off.
About that - the test was made before the ground probe connection.
after connecting the grounding probe , I didn't checked again .
it is important to say that right now there is a CRAZY blooming because of very high Amonia levels .

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I would let your tank settle in for a few days 7-10 and see if the readings level out. If you have a bacterial bloom and your tank is cycling it could very well be affecting the ORP readings.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back