Problems with Seachem Vibrant Salt

agorkov

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to switch to Seachem products, but ran into problems.

First, I am confused by the level of sulfur in fresh water. I used Vibrant salt and sent fresh salted water to ICP-test. The level of SO4 was almost 2 times higher than the norm: 5400 at a norm of 2500.

Secondly, freshly salted water has a very strange color. In the photo on the left is pure water, on the right is water with Seachem Vibrant salt.
Seachem Vibrant.jpeg


Tell me, has anyone encountered similar problems?
 
I decided to switch to Seachem products, but ran into problems.

First, I am confused by the level of sulfur in fresh water. I used Vibrant salt and sent fresh salted water to ICP-test. The level of SO4 was almost 2 times higher than the norm: 5400 at a norm of 2500.

Secondly, freshly salted water has a very strange color. In the photo on the left is pure water, on the right is water with Seachem Vibrant salt.
Seachem Vibrant.jpeg


Tell me, has anyone encountered similar problems?
I have not but did switch at time to seachem Salinity- fantastic salt
Assure you’re not getting false readings
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new