Problems with Tunze Osmolator Nano

OrokuSaki84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!

I've been having some intermittent issues with my ATO (Tunze Osmolator). From time to time I come home and the ATO isn't doing its job. I check the float sensor, and its never gunked up and always able to move freely. I do have the Osmolator control by my Apex. I run Kalk in my reservoir and use the program below to safeguard my pH:

Fallback ON
If pHx2 > 8.35 Then OFF
If pHx2 < 8.30 Then ON

I'm pretty sure the code is good. Whenever I turn off power to the Osmolator and click it back on, it jumps back to life filling the tank back up until it reaches the float sensor. Its been annoying since I'm constantly checking the level in the back of the tanks return chamber. Curious if anyone else had this problem or has any insight! Thanks!

OP
OP
OrokuSaki84

OrokuSaki84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was what I initially thought - but I'm not seeing the pH rise/spike before it stops working like I would expect if it was running for more than a minute.

Gator1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was what I initially thought - but I'm not seeing the pH rise/spike before it stops working like I would expect if it was running for more than a minute.

I had a nano osmolator - I think the mechanical switch is defective - I went back to the regular osmolator with the optical sensor and mechanical switch as a back up.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back