Problems with Tunze Osmolator Nano

OrokuSaki84

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2017
Messages
50
Reaction score
11
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!

I've been having some intermittent issues with my ATO (Tunze Osmolator). From time to time I come home and the ATO isn't doing its job. I check the float sensor, and its never gunked up and always able to move freely. I do have the Osmolator control by my Apex. I run Kalk in my reservoir and use the program below to safeguard my pH:

Fallback ON
If pHx2 > 8.35 Then OFF
If pHx2 < 8.30 Then ON

I'm pretty sure the code is good. Whenever I turn off power to the Osmolator and click it back on, it jumps back to life filling the tank back up until it reaches the float sensor. Its been annoying since I'm constantly checking the level in the back of the tanks return chamber. Curious if anyone else had this problem or has any insight! Thanks!
 
That was what I initially thought - but I'm not seeing the pH rise/spike before it stops working like I would expect if it was running for more than a minute.
 
That was what I initially thought - but I'm not seeing the pH rise/spike before it stops working like I would expect if it was running for more than a minute.

I had a nano osmolator - I think the mechanical switch is defective - I went back to the regular osmolator with the optical sensor and mechanical switch as a back up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new