Professional mowers

katzco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any dependable movers out there to move my 125 gal saltwater tank from GA to FL? Take care of the whole move?
thanks
gary

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Are there any dependable movers out there to move my 125 gal saltwater tank from GA to FL? Take care of the whole move?
thanks
gary
You answered your own question- I hire movers- manpower only for this purpose

eraser2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi
When I moved my tanks from Houston to Charleston SC. The movers brought a company to make wood crates. Moved in an eighteen wheeler with my other stuff. The company was Atlas

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks
gary

Just for general forum clarity are you asking:

1. Tank tear down
2. Place into various holding containers
3. Some water, corals, fish
4. Packed up, rack and stack, from Ga to FL
5. Setup display, equipment
6. Check for leaks
7. Loose aquascape
8. Add coral, fish

That sort of thing? Or are you going to have it ready to go and they just move it out of the home or apartment, into vehicle, and to final destination for you to unpack and setup?

Reason for asking is because this is a lot like moving a piano and not something a typical moving company will do. This is a bit more of a speciality. You want to see local for help tearing down and packing, then moving, then local to new location for putting back together if you are not doing it.

I moved my display 20 miles and would do the same within your distance cross state(s) lines. Asking a company to do it I've not tried but just make a quick high level list before you start to call so you can get clarity from them.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1604799.jpg

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most moving companies will hire a local freight company that will come to the house on move day and build a crate for your tank. Mayflower did this for me to move my 120 Oceanic from St. Louis to California.

OP
OP
katzco

katzco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for general forum clarity are you asking:

1. Tank tear down
2. Place into various holding containers
3. Some water, corals, fish
4. Packed up, rack and stack, from Ga to FL
5. Setup display, equipment
6. Check for leaks
7. Loose aquascape
8. Add coral, fish

That sort of thing? Or are you going to have it ready to go and they just move it out of the home or apartment, into vehicle, and to final destination for you to unpack and setup?

Reason for asking is because this is a lot like moving a piano and not something a typical moving company will do. This is a bit more of a speciality. You want to see local for help tearing down and packing, then moving, then local to new location for putting back together if you are not doing it.

I moved my display 20 miles and would do the same within your distance cross state(s) lines. Asking a company to do it I've not tried but just make a quick high level list before you start to call so you can get clarity from them.
You got it. I can do 1-3,6-8. I need help with the packing moving and then moving it into the house. Thanks

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got it. I can do 1-3,6-8. I need help with the packing moving and then moving it into the house. Thanks

Ok, that helps a lot. And thank you for the clarity as I think more can now probably help or give recommendations. It is the heavy lifting of packing and transporting the larger items while you manage livestock and smaller things. Makes sense.

I would call a couple and ask for some quotes. Be prepared to give them rough estimate of tank size (measurements), weight, and say it will be empty and ready to move. You want them to take out of the house, transport, and set to final resting place in new residence.

The last move I did it was on a smaller scale so we did it on our own. Apologies I don't have anything concrete outside of maybe recommending asking and having some base information ready. Probably what you already did. Good luck!

OP
OP
katzco

katzco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, that helps a lot. And thank you for the clarity as I think more can now probably help or give recommendations. It is the heavy lifting of packing and transporting the larger items while you manage livestock and smaller things. Makes sense.

I would call a couple and ask for some quotes. Be prepared to give them rough estimate of tank size (measurements), weight, and say it will be empty and ready to move. You want them to take out of the house, transport, and set to final resting place in new residence.

The last move I did it was on a smaller scale so we did it on our own. Apologies I don't have anything concrete outside of maybe recommending asking and having some base information ready. Probably what you already did. Good luck!
Excellent. Thanks a bunch really appreciate it.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What part of Florida? May try an LFS in that area to come pick up in GA and setup at your new location.
As previously mentioned, a moving company will have aquarium crated up for protection if you’re hiring them for moving other items.
I had Mayflower for a move from Ohio to Florida and they took care of the aquarium while I transferred livestock and various equipment……had a temporary setup initially.

OP
OP
katzco

katzco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What part of Florida? May try an LFS in that area to come pick up in GA and setup at your new location.
As previously mentioned, a moving company will have aquarium crated up for protection if you’re hiring them for moving other items.
I had Mayflower for a move from Ohio to Florida and they took care of the aquarium while I transferred livestock and various equipment……had a temporary setup initially.
Right now St. Angustine

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back