Professor Polyp's Bubble bath as a tank treatment

Chicago Johnny

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2025
Messages
35
Reaction score
40
Location
Floresville
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am seeing pop up ads on my facebook feed about using Bubble Bath as a tank treatment for controlling algae in your tank. The replies state it "will not hurt any livestock or macroalgae" in your system. I was wondering if anyone has any information on this, as I have been unable to locate any besides from the posts the company has up. They say to use 1.5-2.5ml per 10 gallons of water in your system. Since when used as a dip it will kill off any pods and worms, will this also kill them off in your tank as well. I can't get any answers from the replies I leave on the posts I am seeing. The replies also reference this being a possible treatment for parasites as peroxide is also used to treat parasites, as velvet is actually mentioned.

I am new to the hobby, but have already seen and read how nuisance algae is a real pain. I can see many people new to the hobby jumping on this if they are having problems, and maybe causing another problem if all of the pods and any beneficial worms die off. Any information about this would be greatly appreciated. I also hope this is the right spot for a post of this nature.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new