Thoughts on Professor Polyps bubble bath?

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It you want dip for GHA why not just manual removal all you can and then do a peroxide dip yourself? If you want to dip your coral to control pests then I assume one of the traditional dips (or KCl for SPS) will be more effective than a "general" dip that can supposedly treat everything.

I assume this is the video you saw. I would not recommend anybody getting rid of algae the way shown in the video!

OP
OP
santeeeyyy

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It you want dip for GHA why not just manual removal all you can and then do a peroxide dip yourself? If you want to dip your coral to control pests then I assume one of the traditional dips (or KCl for SPS) will be more effective than a "general" dip that can supposedly treat everything.

I assume this is the video you saw. I would not recommend anybody getting rid of algae the way shown in the video!

I heard peroxide dipping is to unstable, its a hit or miss with alot of people

ReefLegends

For all your phyto, rotifer and copepods needs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I am curious, what’s wrong with the video? The tank used in the video, has a few smaller rocks with a large custom made rock sculpture. Nick aka professor polyp, dipped 90% of the rock structures that occupy the biodiversity in that particular aquarium and goes over how to dip in your personal aquarium.

I can go into my personal beliefs dipping, the different dips that are on the market. Nick is a marine biologist, has taken years to develop the dip and do testing on the product.

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So i came across this video, I have a major case of GHA and today I was going to start another treatment or method for it. But I came across this video and it seems to good to be true. I was never a fan of using chemicals but this sounds like itll help
If you have a question reach out or post and I’ll try my best to answer. If you stump me I’ll reach out to Professor Polyp and get the answer. I did take the professor for 16 hour road trip to Reefstock this past weekend.

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Besides hydrogen peroxide, it also has other ingredients to stabilize the peroxide. It is safe to use. I use it to dip my corals within the suggested dipping time.
How do you feel about the dip? At the Reef Builders party Saturday night I introduced Nick to Salem, they've talked before but I had to introduce them, "Nick this is Salem your arch nemesis" poor Salem didn't know what to say. He got bottle to do some testing, so we will see what a person who doesn't like hydrogen peroxide has to say.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a question reach out or post and I’ll try my best to answer. If you stump me I’ll reach out to Professor Polyp and get the answer. I did take the professor for 16 hour road trip to Reefstock this past weekend.
Was a fun show this year. I enjoyed Remmy's opening. I saw lots of vendors using Professor Polyp when I was walking the floor this weekend.

OP
OP
santeeeyyy

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would it do on a mushroom thats attached to the rock work?

OP
OP
santeeeyyy

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a peroxide based dip that has other special ingredients in it also. People that use it love it. @ReefLegends sells it to some very happy customers.
yea, I might buy myself a bottle after the reef legends giveaway. I just have a cave and some frag racks that i can just dip and scrub off.

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How would it do on a mushroom thats attached to the rock work?
Take your rock out of the tank and dip inside a bucket that can hold the rock. Your mushroom will be fine for a few minutes.

I assume your rock has GHA?

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used this dip on 100's of frags. Very rarely do I have any issues with corals. I've dipped tons of sps, lps, zoa's ect. I mix it to double strength( works better that way, i dont advise) and do typically 2 minutes or so. I did some high end SPS for 1 min and some frags for as much as 5 minutes. It clears algae up well, but, I feel some need two treatments. There is no algae dip that is SPS safe other than this. Also, many pests fall right off in the dip.

OP
OP
santeeeyyy

santeeeyyy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take your rock out of the tank and dip inside a bucket that can hold the rock. Your mushroom will be fine for a few minutes.

I assume your rock has GHA?
yea, that and some tube worms or vermintide snails

nbooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ReefLegends I've heard mention of an "in tank" treatment dose? are you aware of what is being used?

I have a big FOWLR with bad bubble algae...

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ReefLegends I've heard mention of an "in tank" treatment dose? are you aware of what is being used?

I have a big FOWLR with bad bubble algae...
I would personally just setup a 5 gallon bucket or rubbermaid bin and dip. This stuff will kill pods and other beneficial life.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back