PROFILUX 4 and Google Wifi Nest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am thinking about changing my router to a Google Nest Wifi system and was wondering if any of you out there are using this with GHL equipment connected over WiFi and have encountered any issues? I know Google Nest (and the older WiFi) use both 2,4Ghz and 5.0Ghz and use some sort of intelligent channel switching to optimize equipment access. I also know that GHL Wifi equipment does not work with 5.0Ghz band for WiFi (or at least it has been the case for me) so if any one is using or has experience with Google Nest (or the older Google WiFi) I would love to know about your experience.

Kind regards

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your input. I do not know if it is my router or I have defective wifi boards in my P4 and SA Doser but they disconnect at least 4 times per day... and if I am not at home to restart the equipment I will be without any notifications for the rest of the week.... I do have separate SSIDs for the 5ghz and 2,4ghz bands. I am also very patient so have been suffering this for the past 2 years. Not sure if the issue is with the router hence the idea of the Google Nest but given its cost I would like to have some feedback before pulling the trigger. Many thanks

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also where is the router and P4 located? Newer or older home?
P4 and Router on the same living room. I have no issues with iPhones, Macs, iPads, etc. my AiHydra26HDs (6 of them) also do not have any issues. My Maxspect ICV6 controller however also seems to experience frequent connection losses. These are inside the cabinet (the Ais are not) so perhaps it does not help.
The house is a brick and mortar house, although as I mentioned these equipments are all in the same room as the router.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you done the latest WiFi Update?

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P4 and Router on the same living room. I have no issues with iPhones, Macs, iPads, etc. my AiHydra26HDs (6 of them) also do not have any issues. My Maxspect ICV6 controller however also seems to experience frequent connection losses. These are inside the cabinet (the Ais are not) so perhaps it does not help.
The house is a brick and mortar house, although as I mentioned these equipments are all in the same room as the router.
The maxspect could be easier to move outside the stand to see if it stays connected better. That is if you haven't done it already.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you done the latest WiFi Update?
Thanks. I do not have this version. Will update it and report. I believe this is only for the P4, not the doser 2.1 correct?

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: I wanted to let everyone know that I have since bought and installed a Netgear Orbi RB50 Mesh system and all my GHL equipment is now working perfectly well. Could not be happier with this. Everything is working flawlessly now.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: I wanted to let everyone know that I have since bought and installed a Netgear Orbi RB50 Mesh system and all my GHL equipment is now working perfectly well. Could not be happier with this. Everything is working flawlessly now.
I'm using the Netgear Orbi RBR850 with one satellite and it's been rock solid. Very easy to hook up.
Dual band, getting about 950mbps download & 45 mbps upload.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back