Profilux 4 owners

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Laptop is on my network via wifi, then USB to P4. The "other" brand insists on a cable, I have a 100ft cable for sale right now!

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eh.. the usb cable to p4 doesn't really qualify as "wifi" firmware update. There's still a wire involved.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, cant do firmware via wifi. Need to be wired.

@Dumaurier7 I agree with everything you said earlier. Been using the Profilux for years and wouldn't want to use any other brand,
But IMO, alerts are critical. We buy a controller to "control" the tank and to "alert" us of problems before they become catastrophic. Alerts absolutely need to be top priority and should be available out of the box. And it WAS available in GCC when using the P3, so what happened? I had it set up to send me text messages and email.
This is my ONLY complaint about the P4. Hopefully this feature is out of beta and available ASAP.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...they learned a lesson from Vertex. A few months is only an inconvenience, not like just a few years back before any controller even had these options.

I mean really. I have a cerebra sitting in a box for almost a year, talk about starting from scratch, I actually look forward to their release and success, Although I will most likely stick with my GHL P4 and just be patient.
I don't find these little things that big of a deal comparatively.

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...they learned a lesson from Vertex. A few months is only an inconvenience, not like just a few years back before any controller even had these options.

I mean really. I have a cerebra sitting in a box for almost a year, talk about starting from scratch, I actually look forward to their release and success, Although I will most likely stick with my GHL P4 and just be patient.
I don't find these little things that big of a deal comparatively.

My Vertex is still sitting in box also... was wondering if I was the only one.

;Couchpotato;Droid;Cyclops;Headphone;Muted

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me as someone how does PLC control work for a living. I always am distrustful of alarm systems. I have been let down by probes on systems for the past 30 years I have been working with electric probes.

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read in another thread that the P4 does let you monitor the power in the sockets. Does it? If so, how do you utilize that feature. I want to buy the P4. I do wish it had the socket monitoring.

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read in another thread that the P4 does let you monitor the power in the sockets. Does it? If so, how do you utilize that feature. I want to buy the P4. I do wish it had the socket monitoring.

To be specific, I don't really care about how much power is used. I just want to know if a piece of equipment malfunctions.

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, got it. Not what I was thinking. I will say I do like the feature of the Apex where you can monitor pieces of equipment through their power bar

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like these?
90edf428fb13905a8b71d4380e133e79.jpg
8e4e434203f6644a07c422b3224e420f.jpg

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely going with the Profilux. It will be nice when they get their notifications going with the P4. Kind of a must have. Seeing as how they have it for the 3 it can't be too far down the road.

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this system.

Yeah, we all want the app / notifications done, but GHL seems very adamant about not releasing items until they are 100%

One of the reasons why their equipment never fails.

As a computer engineer, I appreciate the pc like build. It also looks cool and when the Alk and Ca monitoring becomes available... Well that's just a game changer.

Wingizzmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about price point how does there system come what probes how many sockets ....

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 62 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.2%
Back