Profilux 4 owners

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have the Profilux 4 contrller? I have the GHL doser 2.1 and was thinking of getting into a controller. I just don't see to many posts on the Profilux. But millions on the Apex. Is the profilux just not as popular?

Just wondering if i should buy one just based on having the GHL doser?

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Proflux 4 is AMAZING!!!! That is all I can Say--AMAZING....... Customer service is top notch as well! Not sure about the tablet integration, but sooooo worth the $

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need the touch screen you can use a tablet or smart phone to acccess the P4 thru myGHL. The touch screen makes it easy to access your configured maintenance buttons fast if you need to. It is an extension on the controller and is not tied to the web like a tablet.

OP
OP
fernalfer

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need the touch screen you can use a tablet or smart phone to acccess the P4 thru myGHL. The touch screen makes it easy to access your configured maintenance buttons fast if you need to. It is an extension on the controller and is not tied to the web like a tablet.
Can you use a tablet in place of that touchscreen? And mount that next to your tank?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can do this. I like to use my iPhone because I have a lot of my pumps on maintenance buttons and I will turn off a pump or pumps together while working on my tank.. So I don't like to be tied down to having a tablet mounted to my stand. I the wife doesn't like the look of a tablet on all the time in HER living room.
Example I was doing calibration on my dosing pumps this weekend and since I have 2 GHL dosers online currently. I was using the GHL phone app to trigger the calibrate function while I held the output line of the doser so I could make sure it was going into the container and not on the floor.:)
real handy to be mobile while working on your tank.The touch screen is on my list to get down the road because I have seen it in operation at friends homes and see how they use it.
I try prioritize things I am getting by with my iPhone for maintenance task's turning things on and off and such. I don't sweat my PH or temperature reading too much as they stay so steady it would be a waste of time chasing it. Waiting for the real testing to begin with the KH and CAl Guardian system in the future which to me is much more important readings really.

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Companies based in Germany just don't receive a lot of marketing here in the USA. You can acquire GHL products from a number of US retailers now, which has definitely improved in the past two years. Retailers just need to do better with marketing.

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the webserver is up and running, I do believe you'll be able to have a tablet connected via wifi next to your tank that shows all the internals and such (similar to apex). The P4 is great, and will be even greater when they update some key things.

cbear44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The P4 is great, and will be even greater when they update some key things.

I really like the P4 but I will say that at this moment there are key missing features that if you require right now you might be disappointed. That being said things are being updated gradually and based on their track record will be added when stable.
  • No iphone or android app. While you can use the web interface myGHL it's not formatted for small screens
  • No email alerts - only sound at this point - beta testing currently. Doesn't help you if there is a problem and you're not home.
  • No SMS alerts - but once email alerts are set up it should be easy to direct that to SMS.
  • No remote power monitoring from PAB switches
Beyond that the sensors and most features are great. My gateway was the Doser 2.1 and I liked the control process and overall interaction with the device. I think the P4 will get there but it's not there yet.

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want the web server to be up and running. That and the email alerts. I thought it was going to take a month or two when I bought it back in Jan. I wasn't expecting half a year or more! Little frustrated they released a beta product.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the alert thing is critical for a controller IMO.
That's the one feature that I really want/need and upset is not available yet when it was available and working fine on the P3.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the alert thing is critical for a controller IMO.
That's the one feature that I really want/need and upset is not available yet when it was available and working fine on the P3.

I find that shocking. That seems a priority 0 feature. I don't understand the logic of not having it available on day 1. Probably the most disappointing thing I've heard about the Profilux. Equally or more troubling is the thought process at GHL for finding it acceptable not to be there on Day 1 or six months later. :(

I do think it's possible they bit off too much with the myGHL + firmware for Mitras/Profilux + PC software control, but if they don't have this functionality in June, they are further behind that I expected.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that shocking. That seems a priority 0 feature. I don't understand the logic of not having it available on day 1. Probably the most disappointing thing I've heard about the Profilux. Equally or more troubling is the thought process at GHL for finding it acceptable not to be there on Day 1 or six months later. :(

I do think it's possible they bit off too much with the myGHL + firmware for Mitras/Profilux + PC software control, but if they don't have this functionality in June, they are further behind that I expected.
All other functionality that I have needed has been there from day one. I just don't understand why this one feature has not been highest priority and just transferred over from the P3.

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As they say " patience is a virtue" , all the required and most desired features will come , as we all know with a new " smart product there will be a period of teething. I am convinced of this because I worked along with the GHL team to quickly and effectively resolve an issue with the MITRAS, they are serious, committed and dedicated.

PS: from day 1 I have not had to reset my P4! Firmware upgrades are via WIFi
Are very fast trouble free! as I get to understand the programming I am getting my baby to do whatever I ask of her!
MONEY WELL SPENT!!!!

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am convinced of this because I worked along with the GHL team to quickly and effectively resolve an issue with the MITRAS, they are serious, committed and dedicated.

I saw your thread and had a similar take-away. You were already working with them, which was a very positive sign, and it would be fixed in time. I'll look at the Mitras and AP700 at Reefapoolza this month and buy my favorite.

I really want Profilux to take market share away from Apex, so I just reacted to what many would call a must-have feature. My Apex collegeues wouldn't be happy switching since they rely on that.

All in good time.

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As they say " patience is a virtue" , all the required and most desired features will come , as we all know with a new " smart product there will be a period of teething. I am convinced of this because I worked along with the GHL team to quickly and effectively resolve an issue with the MITRAS, they are serious, committed and dedicated.

PS: from day 1 I have not had to reset my P4! Firmware upgrades are via WIFi
Are very fast trouble free! as I get to understand the programming I am getting my baby to do whatever I ask of her!
MONEY WELL SPENT!!!!
how have you been doing firmware updates via wifi?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back