Profilux 4 Pump setup questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started setting up my P4 and have some silly questions. This is my first controller.

How do I set up my return pump, skimmer, AC stream pumps and ATO controller? By this I mean, I want them always on except I want to shut them off when feeding or doing a water change.

I've ordered a couple of LBF-APs and also a level sensor so I can change some things up would like better control for the immediate.

Thanks.

OP
OP
J

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I did that. I guess that I need to set up feeding and maintenance modes that shot of those outlets?

OP
OP
J

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can show that for you give me a day [emoji3]

I'm not going to put too much effort into the current configuration. I'll get the LBF-APs next Wednesday and will wire up the stream pumps and return pumps with those. That will be the configuration that matters ;)

OP
OP
J

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefwiser, thanks for the help. The software isn't overly intuitive at first :). I am however very happy with the P4. Fingers crossed on Alk monitoring and control in the not too distant future!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is how you set up the maintenance functions.
The software is really simple once you see how to do it.:) The use of drop down boxes and click on and setting to bring up a dialog box to change the amount of time on a timer is the toughest part to learn.:)

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Ed,
Do you have any suggestions for this issue?

2017-07-11_10-13-10.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Ed,
Do you have any suggestions for this issue?

2017-07-11_10-13-10.jpg

Make certain you are clicking on the save button at the top right of the screen after you update to "always on". The socket will not turn on until you do so. The sub function / index is not utilized with the "always on" function therefore it is blank. If, for example, you set up dosers under the dosing pump section and then select "doser" for function on an outlet, the sub function field would then have numbers to select. If you set up Doser 1 and wanted Doser 1 associated with this socket, you would select 1. The sub function is utilized for other categories of function as well such as illumination and stream pumps.

OP
OP
J

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely takes a little bit of playing around to understand the interface. It is not the most intuitive application I've used but it's not overly complicated and it does become second nature quickly. If you think about the capabilities of the unit, I'm not certain how it could be made more intuitive. The flexibility and control this unit provides is pretty amazing.

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for your suggestion about being required to click the Save button in addition to clicking the update button. My assumption was that the update button committed the change. Clearly that was a bad assumption on my part. The good news is I'm past this now and can move on.

For GHL, I'm a Sr. Software Developer at Microsoft and I'd like to propose a suggestion or two. I'm not trying to be anything other than helpful so I hope that these suggestions will be forwarded to a stakeholder at GHL.

1- Consider combining the actions of the "Update" button and the "Save" button into a single "Save" button. A single "Save" button can perform many actions and is all that is required for this page from a programmatic standpoint. In a typical page such as this, all variables are first read from the P4 device and written to memory before they are displayed to the user. If the user changes one or more values and then clicks the Save button, the changed state is detected automatically before the change is committed.
2-Consider introducing a confirmation dialog that shows the proposed change and includes an OK/Cancel button combination. This provides the opportunity for the user to confirm their actions before they are actually saved.

The interface currently lacks both capabilities and requires redundant and unnecessary steps to successfully configure the P4/powerbar the first time. The current style of programming is causing customer confusion and creating an unnecessary number of support cases at GHL. The end result is costs are increased and customer satisfaction is lowered, which drives down future sales. If you would like additional feedback or code samples, please feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right on the software needing a few pain point updates. Many users are not good at all with computers so the more simple the better. Auto save would be good idea.;)

OP
OP
J

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree they could do a bit of work on this functionality but at this time I think the priority needs to be getting us P4 owners a bit more of the basic functionality. As an example will still don't have full alert capability.

After that I'd love to see the KH monitoring capabilities released ;)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%

Back