Profilux 4 screen scrolling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my Profilix 4 system for almost four months but was working on the stand plus life is hectic so I just powered it up yesterday. I calibrated two probes perfectly. I went to start the third, pressed an arrow button and nothing happened. I tried again and then the screen went crazy and started scrolling nonstop for about 10 seconds.

I've tried the key calibration which never finishes (just sits there at the dont touch spot), tried unplugging many times, unhooked all of the probes....same thing with the scrolling and beeping

I found one post where someone had the same problem but that was found out that their power brick was an old version that was fixed once it was replaced. I have the version that fixed their issue.

I opened a support ticket but was wondering if anyone else has seen this issue. I scrolled through all of the GHL forum and cant find but the one post about it.

Thanks

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had one response from GHL and that's asking if I've calibrated the keys which I had already told them I tried many times just like my original ticket had said.

Really disappointed that I have paid $2.4k for a system that I cant use at all right now. I'm sure they will make it right eventually but you would think that a system that's been around a few years would have these significant bugs worked out. Yes a company will always be tweaking to make their product better but that's typically for user convenience.

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually yes. I ended up having to get a replacement unit from GHL after going through quite a bit of troubleshooting with Vinny. He was very helpful but unfortunately it looked like a circuit board issue.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 94 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 72 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 15.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back