profilux 4 wifi

jonramos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good wave. I have problems to connect my profilux to wifi. the version of profilux 4 is 7.17. I follow the steps as in the video and by entering the name and password of my router, I disconnect with the button of the GCC controller the top left, without disconnecting the USB cable from the computer, I wait 30 seconds and I connect new. according to the video, I would have to show a number where it says Current IP Addres. I am left with all zeroes as when I started and I do not pass that point. thank you

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jonramos - did you save your settings first before disconnecting?

You placed the WIFI SID name and WIFI SID password into the two wireless fields?

OP
OP
J

jonramos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good. if as in video I wrote the name and password of the ruter and the two fields I left them in wpa wpa2 psk. then press save and disconnect

OP
OP
J

jonramos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this appears

15495415584628518007877394897684.jpg

OP
OP
J

jonramos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good. in the lower part where it puts wifi always puts 0. I remove the feed a few minutes to the profilux and remains the same. and updated the fimware of the link that you have sent me and remains the same. I update it via usb with Wifi_FirmwareUpdateTool.exe and remains the same

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it place a check mark that the File system is now ok on the bottom?

If you change the Wifi Modus to Client, and update the 802.11 drop down to b/g/n and save the settings does it connect?

How far away is the wireless node o the P4?

OP
OP
J

jonramos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good wave. Nothing still does not appear the verification mark and continues to set Module Firmware 0. If I change the Wi-Fi mode to the client where it says 802.11 it does not let me select it or modify anything. from the wifi router to the profilux there is 3 meters without any obstacle ahead, the only wooden door of the aquarium cabinet. I do not know what else could be done. thank you

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you ran the WiFi esp update tool did you do both the file system and the WiFi firmware?

OP
OP
J

jonramos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I do not understand you very well. what do you mean? esque I use translator because I ablo Castilian and not and understood. thank you and I'm sorry

OP
OP
J

jonramos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I used the Wifi_FirmwareUpdateTool I put the port in which the profilux was connected by USB and I gave it to Start, after spending a while and loading a screen, disconnect the USB from the computer and the profilux remained in the Transparent Mode screen, unplugged the current of the profilux and I light it. and remains the same

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem.

Within the WiFi update Tool you have two options, Start and Erase and reprogram file system. (The Second Option under the Start)

upload_2019-2-8_19-59-20.png

Did you do the Erase and reprogram file system option also? (Second Option the one under Start)

I had this issue once where the file system did not show a check mark in the GCC Desktop software and I had to Erase and reprogram the file system.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you do the reprogram the file system it will erase your existing network config. Once you reboot the P4 and reconnect with the GCC desktop app do you should now see a check mark box next to file system ok.

Then reset up your WiFi password and your WiFi network name and save the settings.

Reboot the device again and see if it connects after the reboot.

OP
OP
J

jonramos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not tried that, so what do I have to do first? Start or Erase and Reprogram filesystem ...? thank you

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the erase and reprogram first. Then reboot the unit and connect with the GCC app to see if the file system is ok.

OP
OP
J

jonramos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pressing the Erase and reprogram filesystem key ... I turn off the profilux, I turn it on, I connect with the GCC and the Ready box flashes on the lower left, but I can not create an IP

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2019-2-8_21-7-2.png

Are you saying the Ready box shows a check mark and the File System is also showing a check mark like the above?

You placed your Wifi Password, and your Wifi Network Name (SSID) in also correct?

Did you also check the Wifi-Modus to Client only?

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 103 42.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 48.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.3%
Back