Profilux 4e Firmware Update Problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bootleg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been attempting to update the firmware on my P4e, and cannot figure out the USBVCOM. I watched the video on GHL's channel titled: USBVCOM Manual Driver Install (How-to) but when I get to the part at 0:32, I do not see any "unknown device". Screen shot below.

Device Manager.jpg

Has anyone run in to this issue? I think the USBVCOM port number is needed for the firmware update to work.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Bootleg

Bootleg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Device Manager 2.jpg

A bit hard to see, but the how to video shows the GHL Virtual Communications Port and USBVCOM as separate items, and requires the port number for the USBVCOM for the firmware update...

OP
OP
Bootleg

Bootleg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have V1.1.3.1 installed. Isn't V1.1.3.2 the beta version?

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Bootleg

Bootleg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Device Manager 3.jpg

Installed GCC V1.1.3.2 and manually installed USBVCOM but getting an error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". In theory I could proceed with the firmware update designating COM5 for the USBVCOM but I am concerned with the error message that the update will go sideways.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This usually happens if the cable is not fully inserted in either the PC port or P4 port. It can also happen if any end of the USB connector gets salt stains or corrosion on it.

If neither are the case, then restart the P4, remove the USB cable, re-insert the USB cable and try again.

OP
OP
Bootleg

Bootleg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried all of the above, no changes. I can't see it being the cable since there is no communication issue with the P4 using GCC and GHL Virtual Communications Port shows on COM4 as working. It is specifically the USBVCOM (COM5) with the error. Keep in mind I had to go through a work around to install the USBVCOM driver, the "unknown device" never appears on Device Manager.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rerun the setup tool, this time when you do it right click on it and run as administrator. It going to ask if you want to repair, say repair.

After the installation is completed connect the P4 and reboot the computer.

OP
OP
Bootleg

Bootleg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rerun the setup tool, this time when you do it right click on it and run as administrator. It going to ask if you want to repair, say repair.

After the installation is completed connect the P4 and reboot the computer.
Which setup tool are you referring to?

Back