Profilux Cannot connect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cPr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hoping im able to get some help with my Profilux setup.

I recently sold off all my Apex setup and decided to take the plunge with GHL. I grabbed a used Profilux 4, KH Director and a couple Doser 2.1's but, after reading over the manual and getting the unit hooked up to my pc, im having some issues.

At first I wasnt able to connect via usb as my PC wasnt recognizing the USB but, I followed the steps, updated the driver and the GHL Control center was able to recognize the Profilux but now, when i follow the steps to create the connection, i receive a prompt that says "Unable to connect, would you like to check the settings"; This seems to be a loop as no matter what steps I take, im ended up back at the prompt.

I know this is not the Profilux and this is almost certainly a user error but, I dont seem to be able to get passed this step.

The hotspot doesnt seem to show on my wifi and the GHL light on the top of the unit is red.

The above link is the steps im following to setup the connection.

What am I doing wrong with this thing?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F irst do exactly what you have done before - but when you are ready - close down the GCC. Do not double click on the icon. Restart it again and try to start the normal way - double click the icon. With TCP/IP connections - you must do this. With USB - Ido not remember

If you do not succeed - do as following

Test this instead - the same as before but after you ready - chose administration and press Device manager. Have your P4 connected to USB

1622192735321.png

1622193043677.png

Go back to administration

Chose that com port that you discover above (com 3), Save and close down the GCC. Restart the GCC and double click on the icon.

Before you try to connect to MyGHL and the app - be sure that the old owner have taking away the device from his/her cloud,

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
cPr

cPr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank you for the info @Lasse but unfortunately, this wasnt able to get me into the unit.

Profilux 4 No Connection.PNG

This is the error message I am receiving, no matter what steps I seem to try. I send out a message to the original owner regarding the myGHL and removing it from his cloud so, that will be completed today.

I
Profilux 4 Device manager.PNG

I followed the steps you gave with the device manager and changing the COM to COM3 rather than the suggested "Auto" but, the same prompt is showing.

This is how the connection settings are setup in the GCC, have I missed something that needs to be changed on this?
Profilux 4 connection settings.PNG

I have also ask the original owner if the network name/password was changed as I do not see the profilux network at all on my wifi settings and the IP doesnt show anything when typed into my web browser.

Thank you again for the assistance, hoping I can get passed this step and get this baby setup soon.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What version of GHL version are you using, not the beta version correct? Some users were having an issue with the latest version and the USB serial driver.

Are you running the beta version of GCC or the non Beta version of GCC?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to be sure - when you have configurate the com 3 port and press save - do you directly shot down the GCC program and restart it and start the application without going in to configuration node? Redo the step and save the com 3 port -save - shut down GCC and restart. If this do not help look at Dittos post. Do you have another PC with another Windows version - try with that

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
cPr

cPr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for the responses!

Im using the below version of GCC
GCC Version.PNG

The below windows version
Windows version.PNG

I have spoken with the seller and he sent over his myGHL login details incase I need it and he will also go on there today to remove it from the cloud.

@Lasse I was following the steps you gave by creating the profile, changing the COM, hitting save, closing down GCC and then opening the program and attempting to start the connection with the Profilux. Keep receiving the same error message.

I will try to complete this process on my laptop when i get back from the office today to see if that can help. Should i try a different version on GCC when im using my laptop or is V1.1.3.1 the correct version to use?

Really appreciate the assistance. Ive made the plunge with GHL and even though this is frustrating, at least im getting more exposure to the software and troubleshooting it :)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes people have reported different results from different windows machine. I have not been out for it myself bur read about it. When you try with your laptop - do not install anything in the first try - just connect the USB - IME - windows will install the right drivers by itself. If not working with that windows machine either - create a ticket her and you will get professional help from the GHL team. They usually answer in a day or two.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
cPr

cPr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank you!! Decided to cancel some meetings and get this thing setup today.

After following all the steps, the one that worked was to try another computer! I was able to connect on my laptop and validated the connection by making sure the "PORT" in "Device Manager" shows "USB Serial Device" (COM3) instead of the Virtual port that I had on my desktop.

Once I was able to connect the Profilux, I was able to see that the firmware was old and needed upgrading, so I followed the steps to upgrade the firmware. I then spent time struggling on why my wifi still wasnt connecting but after a while, I saw the Wifi firmware was old and i would need to update the spiffs.bin file and then update the wifi firmware.

After completing all of these steps, I was able to get the wifi connected, then I was able to get the myGHL connected via the web browser and then via the app on my iPad and phone.

Now, time to start calibrating the probes, then ill move onto the KH and the dosers.

The help was much appreciated and it was fast too! You guys rock! Im sure ill have many more questions while setting it up though, you wont get rid of me that easy :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back