Profilux Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my tank from a good friend a few years ago and didn't change any settings/timers on his profilux. He helped me get it set up and running. He no longer has the computer/access to the unit. In the last week, my lights have completely changed settings---don't know how to change/don't have accesss etc. They were set to come on at 11:00 am and go off at 10:00 pm....now they are on at about 3:00 am and go off by 2:00 pm...never even home to enjoy the tank. I'm at a loss...by no means am I technologically sound. Any ideas/help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the ProfiLux showing the correct time?

If nothing was touched or changed, the controller will not randomly make changes to your lighting schedule. To which Illumination channel(s) do you have these lights assigned to?

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my tank from a good friend a few years ago and didn't change any settings/timers on his profilux. He helped me get it set up and running. He no longer has the computer/access to the unit. <cut> Any ideas/help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Do you know the model number, and firmware version of the ProfiLux? Model number can be found on bottom of unit, or if you can post a picture of the rear of the unit, showing the ports... If you power cycle the unit it should show the firmware version on the display during boot... this would help direct you towards getting a computer hooked up.

OP
OP
dbraun15

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the pics you requested. As I played with the unit I found that the time listed was a little after 02:00:00...it's currently 18:30:00 here. I found how to change the time on the unit, but can't get it to save. Thanks for the help.
IMG_2293.JPG
IMG_2294.JPG

OP
OP
dbraun15

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I get the time to remain saved on the unit? I can change the time but it reverts back to what it was...is there a trick to keep the changed time. Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
dbraun15

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the unit used from a friend...don't have any computer access. Any way to find that? I'm not very technological, so any help would be appreciated.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Her you have the programming guide. There is two different Clocks in the unit. You should do your changes under the Clock menu. Under Menu 7 you probably find "internal time" There can´t you change the time

Sincerely Lasse

Attachments

• ProfiLux-2-Programming-Guide-V5.15.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 302
OP
OP
dbraun15

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able(thanks to the manual Lasse attached) change the time on the controller, but it didn't accomplish anything. Lights still came on at 2:00 am as they have been for the last week. @Marco@GHLUSA ...any suggestions?

OP
OP
dbraun15

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I was able to maneuver through the timing on the actual unit and have gotten it corrected...I have to do it a couple times a month as power outages create the issue.

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I was able to maneuver through the timing on the actual unit and have gotten it corrected...I have to do it a couple times a month as power outages create the issue.

Is it possible the onboard battery is faulty and not holding the time during outages? IIRC it's a simple "coin type" battery but I don't remember the specifics beyond that.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back