Profilux Mini PowerBar default.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have read that if the Profilux Mini fails then the connected PowerBar outlets all turn off. Can anyone confirm that this is still the case with currently supplied units?

If so, that rules the Profilux Mini out as an option for me. If all the outlets turn on when the Mini fails then it would suit my needs perfectly.

Thanks

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the STDL4-4 Powerbar looses communication with the controller the outlets go to the off state.

Loss of Wi-Fi would not affect operation of the Powerbar, it's hardwired to the controller.

EpipelagicReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the STDL4-4 Powerbar looses communication with the controller the outlets go to the off state.

Loss of Wi-Fi would not affect operation of the Powerbar, it's hardwired to the controller.
So, to your knowledge, the only way the powerbar can fail is if the GHL control unit itself fails. Loss of power or WIFI would create zero aberrant behaviors from the device?

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, to your knowledge, the only way the powerbar can fail is if the GHL control unit itself fails. Loss of power or WIFI would create zero aberrant behaviors from the device?
The STDL4-4 Powerbar outlets will turn off if it loses communication with the controller. This could be from some type of controller failure, the cable between the two becoming disconnected/broken or a loss of power to the controller.

When power is returned everything will resume normal operation.

A loss of WI-FI will not cause abnormal behavior with the controller. You just wont be able to communicate with it over WI-FI, but you will still have access via the display and USB.

OP
OP
F

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Which means you can’t plug the return pump or the heater (or anything vital) into the PowerBar, if you’re concerned about a failure of the head unit (or disconnection of the cable). This negates the point of having the controllable power bar in my opinion; I’m just glad I found out about this before I bought one.

You might say that’s not likely but I’ve already had one tank crash due to repeated failures of a profilux power supply on an older model.

I’m sure there’s a reason for it, but why not have it so the outlets come on instead?

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can’t set the initial states of the power bar when you are using the Profilux mini like you can on the P4?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back