Profilux touch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So......About 6 months go my touch went out. I posted on here to see if anyone had a solution.
I was told by Vinny to put in a ticket.
So.... I did that. I was told by support the touch display was bad, it's no longer made and there is nothing they can do for it.
I accepted that.
Into the future:
I found someone selling a brand new Touch in the box for $100.
I jumped on it cause i missed my touch.
Got it today. I replaced the display. Didn't work!
Hmmmm I thought. Changed the power supply.No good!
Ok, only thing left was the interface module.
Changed that and voila! Touch worked!
So.... What's my point you ask?
I put a ticket in. There was absolutely no trouble shooting procedure they asked me to do.
Point blank the display is bad.
The interface module could have been diagnosed and replaced as I'm sure that's a different manufacturer.
Maybe I'm wrong?
That's not great customer service to me.
I have two Mitras lz7's $1500
P4 with vortech control almost $1000
Mitras Lightbar with all the cables, etc $500
Ion director (which I've yet to see) $600
I'm invested in GHL and I expect better from them!

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I see with GHL is if you are a big time player on here? They jump over bridges for you. If you're not? Ah,we'll get back with you at our convenience. Maybe. I put a ticket in over a week ago.No response yet.

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I see with GHL is if you are a big time player on here? They jump over bridges for you. If you're not? Ah,we'll get back with you at our convenience. Maybe. I put a ticket in over a week ago.No response yet.
I think thats with most if not all brands. They bend over backwards for these so called "influencers"...

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hadn't noticed any special support for some over others.

VegetaD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not an influencer just a regular user of ghl I had a problem with the p4 Wi-Fi not connecting submitted a ticket and worked with them over the course of a week they even wrote a troubleshooting firmware for me to use from Mattias. It has solved my problem.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I basically just had this same exact experience where I was told the touch interface must be bad.. as every other aspect works except the touch..

I am wondering if there is a way around a $80 replacement piece.. do you happen to have pics of what the interface looks like? It’s hard to justify $80 for touch capabilities... when it can go wrong again down the line

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I basically just had this same exact experience where I was told the touch interface must be bad.. as every other aspect works except the touch..

I am wondering if there is a way around a $80 replacement piece.. do you happen to have pics of what the interface looks like? It’s hard to justify $80 for touch capabilities... when it can go wrong again down the line
As far as I know they don't offer the interface separately. They don't even offer the touch anymore.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know they don't offer the interface separately. They don't even offer the touch anymore.
They told me I could order the interface from them.. and if that wasn’t it then there wasn’t anything else they could do.. I do have full functionality it just doesn’t reply to touch!

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They told me I could order the interface from them.. and if that wasn’t it then there wasn’t anything else they could do.. I do have full functionality it just doesn’t reply to touch!
$80? I'd order it. I might even order one for a backup.

ReefCheef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So......About 6 months go my touch went out. I posted on here to see if anyone had a solution.
I was told by Vinny to put in a ticket.
So.... I did that. I was told by support the touch display was bad, it's no longer made and there is nothing they can do for it.
I accepted that.
Into the future:
I found someone selling a brand new Touch in the box for $100.
I jumped on it cause i missed my touch.
Got it today. I replaced the display. Didn't work!
Hmmmm I thought. Changed the power supply.No good!
Ok, only thing left was the interface module.
Changed that and voila! Touch worked!
So.... What's my point you ask?
I put a ticket in. There was absolutely no trouble shooting procedure they asked me to do.
Point blank the display is bad.
The interface module could have been diagnosed and replaced as I'm sure that's a different manufacturer.
Maybe I'm wrong?
That's not great customer service to me.
I have two Mitras lz7's $1500
P4 with vortech control almost $1000
Mitras Lightbar with all the cables, etc $500
Ion director (which I've yet to see) $600
I'm invested in GHL and I expect better from them!
Ever get this solved? Mine is doing the same thing.. Seems way crappier quality than I initially assessed. Not very German feeling the buttons essentially dont respond at all and the only time I've ever pressed them was on installation and recalibration. Now they randomly beep in the cabinet 24/7 after less than a year of operation..

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever get this solved? Mine is doing the same thing.. Seems way crappier quality than I initially assessed. Not very German feeling the buttons essentially dont respond at all and the only time I've ever pressed them was on installation and recalibration. Now they randomly beep in the cabinet 24/7 after less than a year of operation..
I don't know what you're talking about, there are no buttons on the ProfiLux Touch...

Gaël

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back