OP
R

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this in another thread on why I decided to switch, I think its relevant here...

I used to really like apex and justify that, it's ok to put up with its drawbacks.... until I got to know the GHL line up.

I used to think, apex controller is awesome. Loved using fusion. I just did not like some of the products that felt overpriced and lower quality than it can be, like wave, cor and dos.

But then I started seeing some of the practices Neptune are adapting with their customers, the way they communicate during product issues, how misleading they have become and how their road maps are built not from customer demand or actual needs..I concluded that GHL is better option for me. It's an impressive conteoller and line up...

I remember how many times Neptune lashed out at customers reporting issues with dos during early days of launch and the denial that it's all customer fault. Then it was shown that dos had bunch of issues they needed to address over months that followed.
Now we are seeing reports that wave is not working after 1.5 years or 2 years...

I have in my garage all Neptune products since 2013, upgraded the controller 3 times and pretty much purchased every module and product they have... some modules I put aside months after I got it, either for reliability issues or because another module was released that killed previous modules...

But then I compare what I have, to users who adapted ghl years ago and i see less hardware, more support, great backward compatibility and stand alone abilities. No complicated coding and programming.

Most important thing was, they release only solid products...just look at their probs performance.
For years I made myself accustomed to the fact that my Neptune probs are not accurate and used just to indicate events, where I no longer read the absolute value of the ph or salinity because its always wrong...
I think many reefes just think there is no other options. But in reality, there are better options.

My cabinet have spaghetti of wires, many many modules. All will be replaced with 2 simple products from ghl that will give me all the capabilities I currently have and much more.

No more frustrating codes,begging Neptune for help only to get an answer to go and check forums.

No more anxiety what should I upgrade or buy extra for the next feature that comes...ghl have great backward compatibility and give stand alone option for many great features.

Finally, no more saying ph, ORP and salinity probs should be used only to see trends and should not depend on its actual reading values.

I will run GHL along side apex for couple of months and compare side by side to see if I am mistaken then choose which to keep.
Will publish the results as I go...am doing it mainly for me, but will share with users on R2R

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back