Proflux 4.0 packages

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been reading about the ghl controller, I am very impressed by their products quality and spec so far.
Also they seem to have cool things coming down the pipeline..

Anyone have used the Proflux controller? Care to share some experince please?
I am considering to switch but want to understand bit more.

doodguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it, my only advice is the software needs work. You can learn it and wrap your head around how it works but initially it's not intuitive.

I do like how it ties everything together in a way to control the tank. It is very good overall. If they can improve the software it will be perfect.

Also the bracket on the fans is odd. Fans are well built and solid but not water proof so if brackets ever come loose even a little the fan will plop into the tank due to its weight.

The 6e power bar is awesome. Probes etc seem to work pretty well. Overall happy.

OP
OP
R

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it, my only advice is the software needs work. You can learn it and wrap your head around how it works but initially it's not intuitive.

I do like how it ties everything together in a way to control the tank. It is very good overall. If they can improve the software it will be perfect.

Also the bracket on the fans is odd. Fans are well built and solid but not water proof so if brackets ever come loose even a little the fan will plop into the tank due to its weight.

The 6e power bar is awesome. Probes etc seem to work pretty well. Overall happy.
Super useful.
None of the conteoller out there are water prof. Actually Neptune's favorite first responce when I open a ticket is "it can be water damage" lol.
If I compare the spec on the GHL power strip as an example, the spec is incredible...very typical European solid spec ha ha.
How is the web interface? Can you control remotely like in fusion or only local mode?

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super useful.
None of the conteoller out there are water prof. Actually Neptune's favorite first responce when I open a ticket is "it can be water damage" lol.
How is the web interface? Can you control remotely like in fusion or only local mode?
GHL has recently come out with a web based system much like Apex Fusion. Programming has become so much easier then ever before.

I have a P4 with kh director and 2 4 head Doser 2.1. I made the switch from Apex which is harder then just starting with GHL. It is a different program language then Apex so learning Apex first makes learning GHL harder much like learning a 2nd language is harder then the first.

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant wait for the Ion, although I will need to add a spot to the control center.
8268d3bc4c7d12705a08962709995de6.jpg
f92f47c311bc4e0c34778bc63473b433.jpg

OP
OP
R

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's exactly my point. GHL seems advanced with lots coming on the pipeline. I actually believe the the ion announcement changed the landscape in the market and made vendors scramble for quick reaction ha ha.
Do you need a wifi module or the conteoller comes with wifi?

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's exactly my point. GHL seems advanced with lots coming on the pipeline. I actually believe the the ion announcement changed the landscape in the market and made vendors scramble for quick reaction ha ha.
Do you need a wifi module or the conteoller comes with wifi?
The P4 has wifi built in.

OP
OP
R

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So would you recommend I get one of the packages or should I start diffrently?

doodguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So would you recommend I get one of the packages or should I start diffrently?

Absolutely get the package.

Also I was not saying anything about controller not being water proof I was talking about the propeller breeze fans. They're very nice but had to zip tie it down so it would not have a chance of falling in my tank get wet.

Yes the web interface is looking positive so is the app, it all just needs to be refined which I believe they are working on is reason I just spent 3,000 on all this. I believe in the product, and really want to see it improve

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Package was great for me. On thing I regret is not getting the little display module that comes in the “ultimate package” I believe.

I want that thing now. Controlling stuff through the app for maintenance is easy enough, but if my phone goes to sleep...look out.

OP
OP
R

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Package was great for me. On thing I regret is not getting the little display module that comes in the “ultimate package” I believe.

I want that thing now. Controlling stuff through the app for maintenance is easy enough, but if my phone goes to sleep...look out.
Thanks for the insight yes I have my eye in the ultimate package. It's not that expensive if you compare it to what's around, the build quality and what comes in it.

OP
OP
R

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely get the package.

Also I was not saying anything about controller not being water proof I was talking about the propeller breeze fans. They're very nice but had to zip tie it down so it would not have a chance of falling in my tank get wet.

Yes the web interface is looking positive so is the app, it all just needs to be refined which I believe they are working on is reason I just spent 3,000 on all this. I believe in the product, and really want to see it improve
That's very helpful thanks for the insight.

doodguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are more focused on the product then making the app look pretty. I can respect that and one of the reasons I stay GHL

That's fine but it needs to be a package right? You wouldn't buy a Mercedes that looks perfect on the outside, perfect engine, but no steering wheel, or complicated radio combination to turn the wipers on.

Have dev chemists focus on inventing the product have dev team focus on software etc. Don't make the customer work around things to make your product work and think the product is superior too bad. Have to look at all aspects of the product as a refined package.

Im not unhappy with the product. Its great, just not quite awesome. Yet

OP
OP
R

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's fine but it needs to be a package right? You wouldn't buy a Mercedes that looks perfect on the outside, perfect engine, but no steering wheel, or complicated radio combination to turn the wipers on.

Have dev chemists focus on inventing the product have dev team focus on software etc. Don't make the customer work around things to make your product work and think the product is superior too bad. Have to look at all aspects of the product as a refined package.

Im not unhappy with the product. Its great, just not quite awesome. Yet
Yup that's a good point also. But from my experince this is the case with European products. The focuse first on quality.
Fancy app did not help when salinity prob reading is useless or auto top off kit locks down lol.... but completely agree with you.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Profilux controller and love it. I even like the programming interface but that is probably because I have experience programming industrial PLC's from Europe.
Salinity probes don't last long so unless you feel like spending a lot of money every year or two to replace it you can skip that imo. And this isn't a GHL issue, it's true of all salinity probes. Having these probes last 3 years is very rare although it does happen to a lucky few. Mine lasted just over a year which is pretty typical.
The one thing that is an absolute must to me is the touch interface. Web access is nice, but I love the touch panel. Makes doing maintenance so much easier. Two taps of the screen and I can start my tank maintenance. No pulling out a computer, phone, or tablet to see dosing tank levels, temperature, pH and Alk (if you have the director).

OP
OP
R

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Profilux controller and love it. I even like the programming interface but that is probably because I have experience programming industrial PLC's from Europe.
Salinity probes don't last long so unless you feel like spending a lot of money every year or two to replace it you can skip that imo. And this isn't a GHL issue, it's true of all salinity probes. Having these probes last 3 years is very rare although it does happen to a lucky few. Mine lasted just over a year which is pretty typical.
The one thing that is an absolute must to me is the touch interface. Web access is nice, but I love the touch panel. Makes doing maintenance so much easier. Two taps of the screen and I can start my tank maintenance. No pulling out a computer, phone, or tablet to see dosing tank levels, temperature, pH and Alk (if you have the director).
Yup for sure am getting the package with the touch controller.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yup for sure am getting the package with the touch controller.
How have you liked the director?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How have you liked the director?
Love it. Took awhile for me to get it working consistently. You do have to be very careful how you hook up all the tubing. It also has the only real issue I have with GHL in general, and that is the doser heads need replacement more often than I feel they should. It is a known problem and they keep coming out with improvements so it's not as big a deal as it used to be.

Here's some data going back a few month. You'll see it dropped out twice. Once was because I pulled the sample line out of the tank without realizing it during cleaning. The other was a failed doser head and I didn't have a replacement handy. No harm done on either since it detected the problem, alarmed, and stopped auto control. Just reverted back to my default dosing schedule.
upload_2019-5-11_12-25-54.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back